Libra
07-11 08:24 PM
Beware he might shoot you:D bad idea
Expecting help from Cheney ?:confused:
Expecting help from Cheney ?:confused:
wallpaper 2007 BMW 328i Coupe Lease
nixstor
08-23 11:08 AM
First of all they never did AFAIK. Secondly if they did That would put more than half of the applicants in a situation where they need to find their previous I-94's. If USCIS needs to get all your entry and exit info for the past 10 years and corresponding I-94's I believe they will be talking to Border Security. Even though the airlines take your I-94 away, I believe it will go to a govt agency some how ( I could be wrong).
In fact every time you changed employers you sent a copy of your current I-94 (current at the time of employer change) to USCIS. So they should have it.
How about joining the DC area Chapter and volunteering for the rally? If we who are in the DC area don't work on it, who else will?
In fact every time you changed employers you sent a copy of your current I-94 (current at the time of employer change) to USCIS. So they should have it.
How about joining the DC area Chapter and volunteering for the rally? If we who are in the DC area don't work on it, who else will?
herns
03-07 12:02 PM
So, as someone already said, if your approved 140 isn't revoked within 180 days and your 485 isn't adjudicated as well, you are ok. You may want to find a job soon though so you don't have trouble transferring
With this present economic status I think a lot of I-485 that is still pending faces layoffs or had been laid off, particularly in my field in architecture. I just wish It wont happen to those who have waited for so long to get their green card.
I was laid off last Feb. 19/ 09. I had my I-140 approved last Aug 2006 and my I-485 is still pending for more than a year now.
The day before I got laid off from work, I talked to the immigration personnel in charge in my company and he told me that they wont cancel my I-485 in case I get laid off and advice me to inform them when I found a new sponsor to carry over my I-485.
Since the law is not clear how long can I stay unemployed, would there be something to worry in my present situation? I just need an answer that could lift up my hope.Just like everybody else, Ive waited for so long for my green card, and when I landed this big company, I thought this is where I would get my Green card but that hope was shattered when I got laid off. There is no job out there and it could drag on for months.
For those who got their Green card and those who are blessed to be born in this great country, your advice or input in my situation is very much appreciated.
Thank you.
With this present economic status I think a lot of I-485 that is still pending faces layoffs or had been laid off, particularly in my field in architecture. I just wish It wont happen to those who have waited for so long to get their green card.
I was laid off last Feb. 19/ 09. I had my I-140 approved last Aug 2006 and my I-485 is still pending for more than a year now.
The day before I got laid off from work, I talked to the immigration personnel in charge in my company and he told me that they wont cancel my I-485 in case I get laid off and advice me to inform them when I found a new sponsor to carry over my I-485.
Since the law is not clear how long can I stay unemployed, would there be something to worry in my present situation? I just need an answer that could lift up my hope.Just like everybody else, Ive waited for so long for my green card, and when I landed this big company, I thought this is where I would get my Green card but that hope was shattered when I got laid off. There is no job out there and it could drag on for months.
For those who got their Green card and those who are blessed to be born in this great country, your advice or input in my situation is very much appreciated.
Thank you.
2011 2007 BMW 328i Coupe Car Lease
rockstart
03-01 08:38 PM
Hi Rocky,
Thanks for your reply
Ya I was on unpaid vacation and 2006 was my first year. I will discuss with my attorney also.
If you have your leave application copies that can help
Thanks for your reply
Ya I was on unpaid vacation and 2006 was my first year. I will discuss with my attorney also.
If you have your leave application copies that can help
more...
syzygy
07-11 06:07 PM
I can make some calls too, I have been away so slightly lost on thread.
Franklin,
Please post once we have enough volunteers for the calls
Franklin,
Please post once we have enough volunteers for the calls
immiusa
06-16 09:18 AM
Hi,
Pay stubs & Tax returns for all your stay in USA are most important. Some times, you may be asked to submit w2 form for all your employer changes. If you have worked with company that had a H1B transfer denial, You need to have pay stubs & w2 form from that company also.
The office at any USA consulate may ask you the following items,
1. recent pay stubs (Probably for 3 months)
2. W2 form from your old company & new company (If you have worked for 2 companies in the FY 2007.
3. Last pay stub from your old company & first pay stub form your new company. This is to verify your continuity on the work
Pay stubs & Tax returns for all your stay in USA are most important. Some times, you may be asked to submit w2 form for all your employer changes. If you have worked with company that had a H1B transfer denial, You need to have pay stubs & w2 form from that company also.
The office at any USA consulate may ask you the following items,
1. recent pay stubs (Probably for 3 months)
2. W2 form from your old company & new company (If you have worked for 2 companies in the FY 2007.
3. Last pay stub from your old company & first pay stub form your new company. This is to verify your continuity on the work
more...
santb1975
12-08 11:15 PM
and the easiest Action Item to work on. Rallying fellow IV'ans to contribute and be part of this effort is not easy as clicking on contribute now.
2010 2007 BMW 328i Coupe Lease
asiehouston
09-05 09:19 PM
I finally got my AP, 15 days after my EAD (100 days total) . I was happy to open the packet, until this......
THEY SENT ME MY AP WITH SOMEONE ELSE'S PICTURE!!!!!!!
Everything else is Correct (address, DOB, A# etc...)
GURUS, please advise what should I do...... I am so pissed!!!!! Thankfully my EAD has the correct pic.... I had done an E-file....June 7th and my previous AP expires Sept 20
THEY SENT ME MY AP WITH SOMEONE ELSE'S PICTURE!!!!!!!
Everything else is Correct (address, DOB, A# etc...)
GURUS, please advise what should I do...... I am so pissed!!!!! Thankfully my EAD has the correct pic.... I had done an E-file....June 7th and my previous AP expires Sept 20
more...
satishku_2000
08-01 04:01 PM
How long it would take for me to know whether USCIS is accepted the response or not .. What is the process for MTR? Do USCIS issue NOID if they dont accept the response?
hair 2007 BMW 328i Coupe Lease
milind70
06-09 02:24 PM
What is the InfoPass # to call. I'm in the same boat. PD: Dec 2003 EB2
GCMan,
No number to call for infopass, you have to book appointments thru the web. I havent taken infopass for a while but no telephone numbers.
GCMan,
No number to call for infopass, you have to book appointments thru the web. I havent taken infopass for a while but no telephone numbers.
more...
franklin
07-11 06:03 PM
I can make some calls.
Thank you - I've just sent you a pm
Thank you - I've just sent you a pm
hot 2007 BMW 328i Coupe Lease
diptam
08-04 03:46 PM
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20598 Though the title says TSC we are trying to write a joint letter covering both NSC and TSC.
I'm stuck at NSC since May 11th 2007 - no movements. They have purposefully stopped working on EB3 140 at Nebraska
Mine is pending at NSC since 7th May 2007 under EB2. I can't explain my frustation in words... Don't know what to do...
I'm stuck at NSC since May 11th 2007 - no movements. They have purposefully stopped working on EB3 140 at Nebraska
Mine is pending at NSC since 7th May 2007 under EB2. I can't explain my frustation in words... Don't know what to do...
more...
house 2007 BMW 3-Series 328I Coupe
GCforever1
09-15 01:08 PM
wow !!! freedom when your wife is in India ....go to strip bar and have fun:) you need to enjoy
Any ideas? (My wife and son are in india now).
Anyway, I will support IV wholeheartedly going forward. Of course, I got benefitted from it. I am a long timer, 2001, EB3.
Any ideas? (My wife and son are in india now).
Anyway, I will support IV wholeheartedly going forward. Of course, I got benefitted from it. I am a long timer, 2001, EB3.
tattoo 2007 BMW 328i Coupe Lease
sammyb
10-30 12:31 PM
Do we have to go in person to the SSN office to apply for SSN based on EAD for a person who's on H4 before ?
was wondering if someone on H4 uses EAD then that person is no longer on H4 status ... now being on H4 if the same person applies for SSN based on EAD card - what will be the implication ... will there is any change in status or status will be changed from H4 to EAD only when that person takes an employment position �
may be asking a question which has been discussed zillion times ... if someone can share their experience ... appreciate your patience :)�
was wondering if someone on H4 uses EAD then that person is no longer on H4 status ... now being on H4 if the same person applies for SSN based on EAD card - what will be the implication ... will there is any change in status or status will be changed from H4 to EAD only when that person takes an employment position �
may be asking a question which has been discussed zillion times ... if someone can share their experience ... appreciate your patience :)�
more...
pictures 2007 BMW 328i Coupe Car Lease
locomotive36
11-16 11:01 AM
^^^bump^^^
dresses 2007 BMW 3-series coupe
Macaca
02-09 12:47 PM
(don't hate me, I'm English).
Please don't flame me, I am trying to be honest.
One of my Deans used to have this poster in his office : No Guts, No Glory!
Please don't flame me, I am trying to be honest.
One of my Deans used to have this poster in his office : No Guts, No Glory!
more...
makeup 2007 BMW 335i and 328i Coupe
jmafonseca
November 9th, 2004, 10:02 AM
Hi Mats, thanks for the ellaborate reply.
I do believe it's a software problem, at least I'm hoping it is because I can't believe Nikon's hardware broke down with not much use and only after 6 months.
1) I've reset the camera in the 2 ways explained on the manual. The 2-button reset which is a "soft" reset and the hard one through the small hidden button underneath the camera. Both failed.
2) I left it without the main battery for a couple of days, no luck. I don't know if the D70 has another hidden battery, I'd be glad to test removing it though if someone does know where.
3) This is the most likely scenario IMHO. There must be a way to reprogram the camera, reset it completely and it'll probably work after this.
Or there could be a keylock function that is keeping me from accessing the camera completely, but this does not seem to be a feature.
Thanks for your reply. If anyone else has any ideas it'll be truly appreciated.
I do believe it's a software problem, at least I'm hoping it is because I can't believe Nikon's hardware broke down with not much use and only after 6 months.
1) I've reset the camera in the 2 ways explained on the manual. The 2-button reset which is a "soft" reset and the hard one through the small hidden button underneath the camera. Both failed.
2) I left it without the main battery for a couple of days, no luck. I don't know if the D70 has another hidden battery, I'd be glad to test removing it though if someone does know where.
3) This is the most likely scenario IMHO. There must be a way to reprogram the camera, reset it completely and it'll probably work after this.
Or there could be a keylock function that is keeping me from accessing the camera completely, but this does not seem to be a feature.
Thanks for your reply. If anyone else has any ideas it'll be truly appreciated.
girlfriend 2007 BMW 328I COUPE 65K MILES
CCC
04-10 01:09 PM
I guess Berkeleybee was talking about me....I posted a few theories in another thread regarding PACE act.
I certainly understand the IV has done a lot and am very excited about what you have achieved. Not sure how you view it, but I think posting my view in the forum is also a form of support. It may not be as much as you wanted, but nevertheless it by no mean is saying what you did was wrong, it's just some thing I thought about and I thought it might be worth to bring up. But If this bothers you then I have no problem to shut up.
Not sure why IV chose to lock up live update threading to member only though. Growing number of members is definitely good, but I am not sure about forcing people to register to read. People participant when there is a passion in it, forcing they into it more or less drive the passion away.
Just my 2 cents.
I agree with you atlfp. I have been a member for a few weeks now but i have been reading the threads in IV for a long time. I have contributed 600$ along the way because i believe in what IV is trying to acheive. Not being a member did not stop me from contributing to IV and i signed up because i wanted to read the live updates. I don't think there is anything wrong with doing that either. I think posting suggestions/thoughts/ideas are excellent and atlfp you should not stop doing so.
To Berkeleybee, i have recently noticed that you always ask the people directly or indirectly whether they know more than you. While It may be true that you guys know more than us, because u spend hours upon hours making it your business to know, but that does not mean you would want to curb free speech. We are grateful to each and every IV core member for their extrodinary efforts, but do not admonish us because somebody wishes to express their ideas. Who knows if people propose 100 theories there might be 1 out there that even you guys have not thought about.
Personally if i were a member of the core team, i would not even bother to respond back to the threads where the so called theory holds no water. There are enough people in this forum to speculate for you :-).
Keep up the good work Core Team.. Adios
I certainly understand the IV has done a lot and am very excited about what you have achieved. Not sure how you view it, but I think posting my view in the forum is also a form of support. It may not be as much as you wanted, but nevertheless it by no mean is saying what you did was wrong, it's just some thing I thought about and I thought it might be worth to bring up. But If this bothers you then I have no problem to shut up.
Not sure why IV chose to lock up live update threading to member only though. Growing number of members is definitely good, but I am not sure about forcing people to register to read. People participant when there is a passion in it, forcing they into it more or less drive the passion away.
Just my 2 cents.
I agree with you atlfp. I have been a member for a few weeks now but i have been reading the threads in IV for a long time. I have contributed 600$ along the way because i believe in what IV is trying to acheive. Not being a member did not stop me from contributing to IV and i signed up because i wanted to read the live updates. I don't think there is anything wrong with doing that either. I think posting suggestions/thoughts/ideas are excellent and atlfp you should not stop doing so.
To Berkeleybee, i have recently noticed that you always ask the people directly or indirectly whether they know more than you. While It may be true that you guys know more than us, because u spend hours upon hours making it your business to know, but that does not mean you would want to curb free speech. We are grateful to each and every IV core member for their extrodinary efforts, but do not admonish us because somebody wishes to express their ideas. Who knows if people propose 100 theories there might be 1 out there that even you guys have not thought about.
Personally if i were a member of the core team, i would not even bother to respond back to the threads where the so called theory holds no water. There are enough people in this forum to speculate for you :-).
Keep up the good work Core Team.. Adios
hairstyles 2007 BMW 3-series coupe
FinalGC
07-10 05:47 PM
a1b2c3....hang in there.....Sept might bring more good news.......
Based on the bulletin, I see the bulletin is based on report from July 9......so it is likely there is more spillover and might move another 3 years...Just being hopeful.....:-)
Based on the bulletin, I see the bulletin is based on report from July 9......so it is likely there is more spillover and might move another 3 years...Just being hopeful.....:-)
ladyliberty
09-23 11:23 PM
Hi!
Much like many in this forum, my husband and I are stuck in this retrogression mess. I have spent 3 years on H4 and 3 more in H1. I am told now that I will not be able to work until my husband's greencard process has moved beyond the 485 stage. Our lawyer is suggesting that I can extend my H1 by 3 years by making a good faith argument to the USCIS that I have not utilized the full 6 years in H1 time and a secondary arguement that my husband has an approved 140 petition that can allow extension of H time. I will really appreciate any opinions from the forum members and from people who may tried this before. Please respond!
Much like many in this forum, my husband and I are stuck in this retrogression mess. I have spent 3 years on H4 and 3 more in H1. I am told now that I will not be able to work until my husband's greencard process has moved beyond the 485 stage. Our lawyer is suggesting that I can extend my H1 by 3 years by making a good faith argument to the USCIS that I have not utilized the full 6 years in H1 time and a secondary arguement that my husband has an approved 140 petition that can allow extension of H time. I will really appreciate any opinions from the forum members and from people who may tried this before. Please respond!
chanduv23
07-17 07:37 AM
Getting innovative is the Key here. Keep your paperwork ready (You must do it in the background). Tell your employer through email that all you need is an employer letter and he can fax it to you, tell him you will personally come over to the place where he is to get signature and you have no issues, remember in your communications "Just praise him" . Tell him he is great, and you respect him and and u love him etc....... tell him that he must definitely enjoy his vacation and you will come to wherever he is or arrange for a pickup from Fedex and he has to do nothing.
All you need from him is a signature and copy of 140 approval. Your lawyer has to give you a copy if u requested, now if they are also playing it by your employer, you can tell them that you will come over to their office, and you need a copy so that you can file 485. Just be very poliet with them - be extremely polite and at equal intervals of time keep sending them polite reminders, tel, them you will come to their place and collect it personally - keep praising them and tell them how much you adore them.
In the background, workout your way, talk to a different lawyer. If a lawyer requests previous lawyer for necessary documentation, they HAVE TO GIVE. This approach may be a bit difficult because your previous lawyer may use delay tactics.
Remember - your employer is unethical and your lawyer is egoistic. You have to deal with crap.
After things go well for u- screw them big time, expose them on the internet and desi crunch.
All you need from him is a signature and copy of 140 approval. Your lawyer has to give you a copy if u requested, now if they are also playing it by your employer, you can tell them that you will come over to their office, and you need a copy so that you can file 485. Just be very poliet with them - be extremely polite and at equal intervals of time keep sending them polite reminders, tel, them you will come to their place and collect it personally - keep praising them and tell them how much you adore them.
In the background, workout your way, talk to a different lawyer. If a lawyer requests previous lawyer for necessary documentation, they HAVE TO GIVE. This approach may be a bit difficult because your previous lawyer may use delay tactics.
Remember - your employer is unethical and your lawyer is egoistic. You have to deal with crap.
After things go well for u- screw them big time, expose them on the internet and desi crunch.
No comments:
Post a Comment