indygc
12-18 11:41 PM
Hi All,
One of my friend is in a bad situation, I am posting on behalf of him,
He is having H1B from Company A, company even filed labor, he got a project all was going well , his project with client got over on September 15th 2009. He was on bench since then, his recruiting guys tried hard marketing him and atlast after 3 mnths found a project and when the time has come for paper work, today,HR from client called and told him that his company A's HR responded them saying his H1 was cancelled on September 15th as soon as his project got over with his previous client. My friend was not intimated about this not even the recruiter and was in assumption that company is still supporting him ..He is in shock and helpless..
Now the question is its more than 90 days since Sept 15th, what is the current situation what can he do? (has 2 offers in hand and no h1)..wat are the options he left with? Anything can be done? Can he stay and apply a new H1 or transfer? Pleas advise, Gurus appreciate your quick response.
Thanks in Advance
AJ
One of my friend is in a bad situation, I am posting on behalf of him,
He is having H1B from Company A, company even filed labor, he got a project all was going well , his project with client got over on September 15th 2009. He was on bench since then, his recruiting guys tried hard marketing him and atlast after 3 mnths found a project and when the time has come for paper work, today,HR from client called and told him that his company A's HR responded them saying his H1 was cancelled on September 15th as soon as his project got over with his previous client. My friend was not intimated about this not even the recruiter and was in assumption that company is still supporting him ..He is in shock and helpless..
Now the question is its more than 90 days since Sept 15th, what is the current situation what can he do? (has 2 offers in hand and no h1)..wat are the options he left with? Anything can be done? Can he stay and apply a new H1 or transfer? Pleas advise, Gurus appreciate your quick response.
Thanks in Advance
AJ
atlfp
04-09 03:39 PM
I guess Berkeleybee was talking about me....I posted a few theories in another thread regarding PACE act.
I certainly understand the IV has done a lot and am very excited about what you have achieved. Not sure how you view it, but I think posting my view in the forum is also a form of support. It may not be as much as you wanted, but nevertheless it by no mean is saying what you did was wrong, it's just some thing I thought about and I thought it might be worth to bring up. But If this bothers you then I have no problem to shut up.
Not sure why IV chose to lock up live update threading to member only though. Growing number of members is definitely good, but I am not sure about forcing people to register to read. People participant when there is a passion in it, forcing they into it more or less drive the passion away.
Just my 2 cents.
All,
Just to put this issue to bed once and for all. IV is committed to bringing its goals into legislation -- we are not wedded to any particular piece of legislation. If Plan A doesn't work, there is Plan B, C and D. Each with its own advantages and disadvantages.
There have been some people who have been saying "Comprehensive reform is dead IV should work on PACE/Poster's favorite option."
(1) It is not certain that CIR is dead. We are not about to toss it aside before the Senate has.
(2) IV is fully prepared for PACE -- we have studied all of PACE's provisons (have the theorists even done this?). Did you happen to notice that one of the co-sponsors of PACE has already offered an amendment for us? We also have support from other co-sponsors.
(3) Our amendments show that we have support no matter which legislation goes forward -- we have to shore up this support and make sure we get more for floor votes.
BTW, I notice that some of our new theorists became members only a few days ago, probably to read the live update threads, and just a few days after that they start opining about what IV should do. ;-) Have they done anything with/for IV: volunteer, contribute, send webfaxes? I doubt it.
Note to new members: please visit our Resources section and familiarize yourself with the material there, at the very least you'll see we have been doing our homework and we are not a one-theory-one-legislation group.
best,
Berkeleybee
I certainly understand the IV has done a lot and am very excited about what you have achieved. Not sure how you view it, but I think posting my view in the forum is also a form of support. It may not be as much as you wanted, but nevertheless it by no mean is saying what you did was wrong, it's just some thing I thought about and I thought it might be worth to bring up. But If this bothers you then I have no problem to shut up.
Not sure why IV chose to lock up live update threading to member only though. Growing number of members is definitely good, but I am not sure about forcing people to register to read. People participant when there is a passion in it, forcing they into it more or less drive the passion away.
Just my 2 cents.
All,
Just to put this issue to bed once and for all. IV is committed to bringing its goals into legislation -- we are not wedded to any particular piece of legislation. If Plan A doesn't work, there is Plan B, C and D. Each with its own advantages and disadvantages.
There have been some people who have been saying "Comprehensive reform is dead IV should work on PACE/Poster's favorite option."
(1) It is not certain that CIR is dead. We are not about to toss it aside before the Senate has.
(2) IV is fully prepared for PACE -- we have studied all of PACE's provisons (have the theorists even done this?). Did you happen to notice that one of the co-sponsors of PACE has already offered an amendment for us? We also have support from other co-sponsors.
(3) Our amendments show that we have support no matter which legislation goes forward -- we have to shore up this support and make sure we get more for floor votes.
BTW, I notice that some of our new theorists became members only a few days ago, probably to read the live update threads, and just a few days after that they start opining about what IV should do. ;-) Have they done anything with/for IV: volunteer, contribute, send webfaxes? I doubt it.
Note to new members: please visit our Resources section and familiarize yourself with the material there, at the very least you'll see we have been doing our homework and we are not a one-theory-one-legislation group.
best,
Berkeleybee

andy garcia
06-15 03:12 PM
If its I-94# whatever is your latest number, from Actual I-94 card or I-94 attached with the latest H1 renewal/extention
The A# is assigned the first time that you apply for I-485.
It is not the number on I-94. That number is everytime they issue a new one when you enter the US.
The A# is assigned the first time that you apply for I-485.
It is not the number on I-94. That number is everytime they issue a new one when you enter the US.
bkam
06-09 01:28 PM
When discussing premium processing, capitalism etc categories, we should not forget that USCIS is a monopolist. There is no alternative, hense all screw ups, "premiums" etc. Capitalism has nothing to do with USCIS. This organization is a typical crippled socialistic child.
more...
needlotsofluck
08-02 11:53 PM
It is a mess.. The USCIS site says it will accept old versions of the forms (765 and 131), and they have clearly stated in their FAQs that applicants who were eligible to file under the July bulletin can file 765 and 131 using the previous versions of the forms and at old fees ($ 180 and $ 170). However, the previous versions of the forms are not available at the USCIS website.. I am filling up my forms today, and I had to dig up the old forms on Google. (Not that the new forms are any different in the information to be filled.. I just wanted to make sure the checks and mailing addresses are correct as per the old forms). Anyway, even in the old forms, for I-765, it says, if say you are from PA, send the forms to TX. In the 485 form (previous version), it says if you are EB, mail it to NE. Switch back (OK, now we are confused) back to I-765 and somewhere at the bottom, it says, in effect "Dash it all! If you've already filed I-485, just send the form to the service center to which you sent your I-485!"
So I'm planning to send it to NE service center tomorrow.. If it is all a big mistake, I'm hoping someone will let me know before tomorrow afternoon..
If old forms are used, then the instruction stated in the old form should be followed. Since in your case, your I-485 was sent to NE, then 765 and 131 should also be sent to NE. I will also do the same since I will use old forms. Regardless, seek an attorney to verify. I am still waiting for my receipt (though, it is ok to file without it) and will file my forms a week before Aug.17. Who knows what this INS people will decide again by that time. Good luck to us.
So I'm planning to send it to NE service center tomorrow.. If it is all a big mistake, I'm hoping someone will let me know before tomorrow afternoon..
If old forms are used, then the instruction stated in the old form should be followed. Since in your case, your I-485 was sent to NE, then 765 and 131 should also be sent to NE. I will also do the same since I will use old forms. Regardless, seek an attorney to verify. I am still waiting for my receipt (though, it is ok to file without it) and will file my forms a week before Aug.17. Who knows what this INS people will decide again by that time. Good luck to us.

rockstart
03-01 08:38 PM
Hi Rocky,
Thanks for your reply
Ya I was on unpaid vacation and 2006 was my first year. I will discuss with my attorney also.
If you have your leave application copies that can help
Thanks for your reply
Ya I was on unpaid vacation and 2006 was my first year. I will discuss with my attorney also.
If you have your leave application copies that can help
more...
kriskris
04-17 12:29 PM
As you understand there is no magic correct solution to this situation, but, whichever decision you make about which line your mother-in-law stands in, she should be well prepared to document her intention to return to her home abroad after her visit to the US. Documents she should be prepared to show could include: proof of home ownership or long term lease abroad, proof of bank accounts abroad, proof of car ownership abroad, fixed date return ticket, proof of family abroad--husband and/or other children/grandchildren, proof of some specific event she plans to attend abroad such as wedding or other invitations, etc.
Thanks for your reply. As I understand most people usually don't carry all the documents specified above while entering US. We carry those documents while going for the visa. Do you recommend carrying all those documents which establish ties to the home country while entering USA?
Thanks for your reply. As I understand most people usually don't carry all the documents specified above while entering US. We carry those documents while going for the visa. Do you recommend carrying all those documents which establish ties to the home country while entering USA?
ssbaruah@yahoo.com
06-10 10:16 AM
Thanks a lot. I find your suggestions great and if followed, will definitly make a difference. Thanks once again.
more...
GCBy3000
07-11 08:41 PM
This is the letter which I composed and sent to David Obey of WI.
Here is the IV Link http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=99419#post99419
How did it ended up in www.congress.org????
http://www.congress.org/congressorg/issues/alert/?alertid=9979506&content_dir=ua_congressorg
The button below the article lets you send emails to Bush and Cheney...
Here is the IV Link http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=99419#post99419
How did it ended up in www.congress.org????
http://www.congress.org/congressorg/issues/alert/?alertid=9979506&content_dir=ua_congressorg
The button below the article lets you send emails to Bush and Cheney...
mirage
04-08 03:01 PM
For EB3 India 7% of 85,030 = 5903. And still Dates are stuck in 2001. I don't know what it take to move it to beyond 2002-2003 ?
I'm afraid if there are 100K EB3 in 2001-2004. Why doesn't USCIS come up with such statistics..
I'm afraid if there are 100K EB3 in 2001-2004. Why doesn't USCIS come up with such statistics..
more...
waitnwatch
05-30 06:57 PM
the reason she was denied is because she is young
It is so difficult to analyze visitor visa denials. There are instances of refusing visas to one spouse's parents but giving them to the parents of the other. So it is not an issue of young or old though we may rationalize it that way. These refusals are generally based on the clause the applicant does not have sufficient ties to home country. I for one have not seen an instance of direct family members of H1-B's overstaying but nevertheless I think it primarily depends on which side of the bed the consular officer climbed out in the morning.
It is so difficult to analyze visitor visa denials. There are instances of refusing visas to one spouse's parents but giving them to the parents of the other. So it is not an issue of young or old though we may rationalize it that way. These refusals are generally based on the clause the applicant does not have sufficient ties to home country. I for one have not seen an instance of direct family members of H1-B's overstaying but nevertheless I think it primarily depends on which side of the bed the consular officer climbed out in the morning.
vishalsab2003
06-26 12:19 PM
Thanks for your reply, I also recvd my approval last week. Thanks a lot for reply and wish you all the best.
more...
GCard_Dream
04-23 02:50 PM
Have you or someone you khow actually been able to get a copy of I-140 using G-639? If so when was that and what was the processing time?
The reason I ask is because I have heard all kinds of stories about using FOIA to get a copy of I-140.
- Some say that you can not only get I-140 but also copies of your labor cert and they have actually received it.
- Some say that USCIS responded back saying that it was employer's property and hence can't be given to the employee.
- Some say that it just takes too damn long (over a year) to be any meaningful.
By the way, I just sent the G-639 myself couple of weeks ago. Will let you know if I was successful in getting a copy.
To get a copy of your I-140, you need to apply to USCIS using G-639 form. Please read the instruction of the form and you will know more. You need to mention your employer's info and I-140 receipt # etc.
Now a days it takes time. Almost 3 months.
URL: http://www.ed.gov/policy/gen/leg/foia/foiatoc.html
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), 5 U.S.C. � 552, was enacted in 1966 and generally provides that :
-Any person has the right to request access to federal agency records or information.
-All agencies of the U.S. Government are required to disclose records upon receiving a written request for them.
-There are nine exemptions to the FOIA that protect certain records from disclosure.
The reason I ask is because I have heard all kinds of stories about using FOIA to get a copy of I-140.
- Some say that you can not only get I-140 but also copies of your labor cert and they have actually received it.
- Some say that USCIS responded back saying that it was employer's property and hence can't be given to the employee.
- Some say that it just takes too damn long (over a year) to be any meaningful.
By the way, I just sent the G-639 myself couple of weeks ago. Will let you know if I was successful in getting a copy.
To get a copy of your I-140, you need to apply to USCIS using G-639 form. Please read the instruction of the form and you will know more. You need to mention your employer's info and I-140 receipt # etc.
Now a days it takes time. Almost 3 months.
URL: http://www.ed.gov/policy/gen/leg/foia/foiatoc.html
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), 5 U.S.C. � 552, was enacted in 1966 and generally provides that :
-Any person has the right to request access to federal agency records or information.
-All agencies of the U.S. Government are required to disclose records upon receiving a written request for them.
-There are nine exemptions to the FOIA that protect certain records from disclosure.
vgc
07-26 10:39 AM
^^^^^^^
more...

eb3retro
10-24 03:47 PM
Once H-1B extension is received, one gets all the luxuries like any other H-1B. You can change jobs any day you want. Having that said, there are few things you have to re-do. Get the H-1B stamped if you change jobs. You have to re-start the GC process from scratch, yet you get to keep the PD and at the same time can switch to any EB catagory.
Before LC PERM process started, people didn't change jobs as LC could take any where from 2 to 4 years and re-starting the GC process was just no brainer. Now, as it takes 45days or less (theoraticaly) people easily change jobs and get H-1 transferred as well as get new GC process started and get LC in 45 days and then I-140 approved (with premium processing) in another 2 weeks.
So you once you change jobs you can get to the same stage where you are in two months if you start GC process right-away.
For tips to the other readers.
Some employers has company policy where they support the H-1 transfer (financially also) and then one has to wait for 1 or 2 years before they initiate GC process. The mostly the excuse is "Budget is fixed for a year".
One can propose a solution to this. Ask them, "What if I pay for the charges incurred for GC process if they agree to initiate right away and when s/he finishes one year of employment, reimburse the charges"
This has worked in many cases as doing such bothe employer and employee gets best of both worlds.
Great advice, I sincerely thank you for your time.
Before LC PERM process started, people didn't change jobs as LC could take any where from 2 to 4 years and re-starting the GC process was just no brainer. Now, as it takes 45days or less (theoraticaly) people easily change jobs and get H-1 transferred as well as get new GC process started and get LC in 45 days and then I-140 approved (with premium processing) in another 2 weeks.
So you once you change jobs you can get to the same stage where you are in two months if you start GC process right-away.
For tips to the other readers.
Some employers has company policy where they support the H-1 transfer (financially also) and then one has to wait for 1 or 2 years before they initiate GC process. The mostly the excuse is "Budget is fixed for a year".
One can propose a solution to this. Ask them, "What if I pay for the charges incurred for GC process if they agree to initiate right away and when s/he finishes one year of employment, reimburse the charges"
This has worked in many cases as doing such bothe employer and employee gets best of both worlds.
Great advice, I sincerely thank you for your time.
WeldonSprings
01-29 12:42 AM
Also, the E-Verify bill was supposed to expire this March 06, 2009; but has been extended by four years because of the House Stimulus Bill. It is still in the senate. It has to be stopped.
more...
waiting_4_gc
07-31 06:44 PM
My I-485(with G-28) was filed by our company lawyer and company did not let us file EAD. I'm filing EAD on my own after USCIS made it clear with FAQ2 that they will accept EAD applications without the I-485 Receipt notice.
My questions is, Can I be sure the receipt notice for the EAD will come to me and not to the lawyer by any chance? I don't have any intention of using EAD but don't want my employer/lawyer know that I have filed it.
Thanks
I think you will receive receipt notice for EAD and AP provided you file them.However I had a question about the forms.
Are you going to send old version of I-765 and I-131 or new version of the forms?
And you can file EAD and AP applications with old fee till August 17,2007, right?
Please PM me as am also filing EAD and AP, we can share the knowledge
My questions is, Can I be sure the receipt notice for the EAD will come to me and not to the lawyer by any chance? I don't have any intention of using EAD but don't want my employer/lawyer know that I have filed it.
Thanks
I think you will receive receipt notice for EAD and AP provided you file them.However I had a question about the forms.
Are you going to send old version of I-765 and I-131 or new version of the forms?
And you can file EAD and AP applications with old fee till August 17,2007, right?
Please PM me as am also filing EAD and AP, we can share the knowledge
GCwaitforever
09-18 10:47 AM
Why focus our energies on cosmetic changes?
shx
04-28 05:25 PM
This statement is utter nonsense.
Can you please explain why it is utter nonsense? I think you have very strong reasons for saying so. Would like to hear from you.
Thanks!
Can you please explain why it is utter nonsense? I think you have very strong reasons for saying so. Would like to hear from you.
Thanks!
aamchimumbai
07-23 12:05 AM
All,
I feel that those who concurrently filed I-140/485 in July 2007 are very lucky!
Here is my situation -
Previous Employer -
EB3,PD-Jan'04,I-140 cleared. Switched in June 2007 and wasn't able to file I-485 in July 2007
New Employer -
EB2, PD-Dec'-07, I-140 (Feb'08 - pending)
Question -
Based on Jun'08 Visa bulletin the dates for EB2-India were at Apr'04. Filed for I-140/485 based on my old priority date for EB3 labor (Jan'04). Explaining USCIS for PD transfer.
Well, folks at NSC did not understand the PD transfer concept and send my application back. Unclear as to what do now. I guess need to wait until the dates for EB2-India reach Dec'07 such that I can file.
Any "Creative" thoughts on how to approach USCIS moving forward.
Thanks in advance for your replies.
Aamchimumbai
I feel that those who concurrently filed I-140/485 in July 2007 are very lucky!
Here is my situation -
Previous Employer -
EB3,PD-Jan'04,I-140 cleared. Switched in June 2007 and wasn't able to file I-485 in July 2007
New Employer -
EB2, PD-Dec'-07, I-140 (Feb'08 - pending)
Question -
Based on Jun'08 Visa bulletin the dates for EB2-India were at Apr'04. Filed for I-140/485 based on my old priority date for EB3 labor (Jan'04). Explaining USCIS for PD transfer.
Well, folks at NSC did not understand the PD transfer concept and send my application back. Unclear as to what do now. I guess need to wait until the dates for EB2-India reach Dec'07 such that I can file.
Any "Creative" thoughts on how to approach USCIS moving forward.
Thanks in advance for your replies.
Aamchimumbai
Dhundhun
11-21 06:11 PM
Please let me know the way to contact USCIS. Phone number or mail id. I tried contacting them through the 1800 number but it is an automated system, there is no human to talk to.
I had problem with I94 and used the services of USCIS field office (San Jose) to get it fixed.
If you want to follow my approach, you may find field office using this URL, get an appointment there, discuss it (that you are in US and check your records, if shows outside US, get it updated) and handover I-102.
https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=LO
Good luck
I had problem with I94 and used the services of USCIS field office (San Jose) to get it fixed.
If you want to follow my approach, you may find field office using this URL, get an appointment there, discuss it (that you are in US and check your records, if shows outside US, get it updated) and handover I-102.
https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=LO
Good luck
No comments:
Post a Comment