efoto
Sep 17, 04:21 PM
Alright, perhaps the second time I was going there just to see what I could see, I'll admit that. The other time however was my friend's first time to that mall (yes runninmac) since the Apple Store opened, and he did want to look at iPods, which took him a whole 5 minutes.
I see what you all are saying, but it makes me sound like some sort of predator or something. I haven't gone in drooling and grunting all while starring at her. It takes two to make eye-contact you know, and it wasn't a creepy sort of thing, just a passing glance from a decent ways away. I didn't see her and suddenly start moving her way or anything, it was just a look. The story was outlined as such solely because I was bored, so I put a little more thought into the story than perhaps I should have....I am not obsessed with her, and if she is reading this then she can read that....I would easily pass her by I just thought she was cute and it caught me off guard that she would say hi to me outside of her paid-to-talk place of employment.
Anyway, I only go there when I go to the mall, and only because it is the easiest store to relax in for a short while if I need a break from actual shopping, because there is a ton of eye-candy (computer wise) that I can wish for and play with. I will take your advices and not try to make eye-contact with her on subsequent visits, but I have to say that sounds pretty high-schoolish that I can't even look at a girl I happen think is attractive, but whatever if you all seem to think it could really be creeping her out.
I see what you all are saying, but it makes me sound like some sort of predator or something. I haven't gone in drooling and grunting all while starring at her. It takes two to make eye-contact you know, and it wasn't a creepy sort of thing, just a passing glance from a decent ways away. I didn't see her and suddenly start moving her way or anything, it was just a look. The story was outlined as such solely because I was bored, so I put a little more thought into the story than perhaps I should have....I am not obsessed with her, and if she is reading this then she can read that....I would easily pass her by I just thought she was cute and it caught me off guard that she would say hi to me outside of her paid-to-talk place of employment.
Anyway, I only go there when I go to the mall, and only because it is the easiest store to relax in for a short while if I need a break from actual shopping, because there is a ton of eye-candy (computer wise) that I can wish for and play with. I will take your advices and not try to make eye-contact with her on subsequent visits, but I have to say that sounds pretty high-schoolish that I can't even look at a girl I happen think is attractive, but whatever if you all seem to think it could really be creeping her out.
Flying Llama
May 27, 11:26 PM
Wow, I absolutely love this widget, just a little positive criticizing. ;)
Where you click the three dots on the bottom to expand it, you have to go down to the bottom of the widget to close it back. Anyway of keeping it were it is, so you can quickly click, look, close back. This functionality would be similar to the weather widget.
And for the actual design, I know you stated that you didn't like it and are planning to change it, make sure you make it nice and "aquafied", like the apple widgets. If you don't think you're too good at that there are always design pros here that i'm sure would be willing to help. :)
But nevertheless I love this, I know this is just the early beta stage, but I have confidence this will be one of my favorite widgets. Also, have you thought of making a modified version which can join any team, and then submit it to Dashboard Widgets.com (http://www.dashboardwidgets.com/) , you could win a Mac mini! :D (by the way I am in no way associated with these guys)
EDIT: Woops was just reading MacBytes and noticed that voting has started and the contest is over at dashboardwidgets.com .... :o
Where you click the three dots on the bottom to expand it, you have to go down to the bottom of the widget to close it back. Anyway of keeping it were it is, so you can quickly click, look, close back. This functionality would be similar to the weather widget.
And for the actual design, I know you stated that you didn't like it and are planning to change it, make sure you make it nice and "aquafied", like the apple widgets. If you don't think you're too good at that there are always design pros here that i'm sure would be willing to help. :)
But nevertheless I love this, I know this is just the early beta stage, but I have confidence this will be one of my favorite widgets. Also, have you thought of making a modified version which can join any team, and then submit it to Dashboard Widgets.com (http://www.dashboardwidgets.com/) , you could win a Mac mini! :D (by the way I am in no way associated with these guys)
EDIT: Woops was just reading MacBytes and noticed that voting has started and the contest is over at dashboardwidgets.com .... :o

jbcaro
Mar 13, 10:55 AM
Get rid of DST. Not needed anymore. Problem solved.
hsotnicam8002
Apr 13, 03:15 AM
I can't get this to work either even when the correct sync services box is checked. :confused:Doesn't work for me either. Turning to Time Machine now after messing up all of my calendars in the wasted time with this. :mad::mad::mad::mad:
more...
*LTD*
Mar 25, 10:19 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8F190)
Before all you Apple fannies disagree with this; just remember Apple is trying to sue everyone else too.
It's all ridiculous.
When you release the kinds of game-chaining products that Apple does, I'm kind of inclined to look the other way. Why not. Apple's earned special treatment for the time being. That is, for the time being.
Might doesn't make right. But being exceedingly awesome, does.
I know it sounds unfair, but **** it. Apple's changed the entire conditions of the game.
Before all you Apple fannies disagree with this; just remember Apple is trying to sue everyone else too.
It's all ridiculous.
When you release the kinds of game-chaining products that Apple does, I'm kind of inclined to look the other way. Why not. Apple's earned special treatment for the time being. That is, for the time being.
Might doesn't make right. But being exceedingly awesome, does.
I know it sounds unfair, but **** it. Apple's changed the entire conditions of the game.
Krafty
Sep 1, 04:23 PM
I'm enjoying this feature, I'm one of the people who are picky about who I add. I know everyone on my list, the only thing is the people who I don't see are high school friends who go to other colleges that I keep in touch with.
Since my college crew always goes on food runs, we only tag places where we are eating or if we are at the campus. That way people can get pissed if they missed the food run and can come join us.
Since my college crew always goes on food runs, we only tag places where we are eating or if we are at the campus. That way people can get pissed if they missed the food run and can come join us.
more...
japanime
Nov 11, 03:08 AM
Omoshiroi!
firestarter
May 4, 12:55 AM
How do you know that that Sony prototype didn't come about as a result from work at UDC (funded by DARPA)?
I don't know. Does the US military usually sell its tech to the Japanese?
Seems to me that it's a technology lots of people are working on in parallel.
Consumer forces made flight widespread. Military forces make flight feasible. Hitler's minions didn't invent the jet engine and solid booster to deliver packages and orbit weather sensors.
Nice example. Frank Whittle (http://inventors.about.com/library/inventors/bljetengine.htm) received the first jet engine patent in 1930. He had been in the Air Force, but they wouldn't sponsor his research - so the development was privately funded and finally demonstrated in 1937.
Intercontental flight was made widespread after we decided to work on carring warheads across the ocean vs ppl. In 1940's who woulda funded a massive manhatten project to see if we can make it heat up some water...theoretically.
I think you're confusing fission and fusion.
The need for computer networks to survive a nuclear war now enable's us to read eachother's posts and take advantage of the consumerism on top of this web page.
Darpanet, indeed. But the web itself was developed in peacetime by a man researching at a (non military) Swiss research establishment (http://public.web.cern.ch/public/en/about/web-en.html).
Many technological advancements are so costly and far-fetched that no reasonable "business" would risk investing a lot of money in it. That's when paranoid governments pick up the tab. I don't think you understand that it's real easy to spend $499 on an iPod with tons of "Apps" on it and say...oh yah, this is like real easy to make because Chinese ppl take 50 cents worth of material and put it together. But before all this was possible, some of the smallest components in that iPhone and the most basic of all "Apps" took a "visionary" with a massivly risky budget to make one blink on some $5 million vaccuum box for the first time in history!
The first commercial transistors were developed for telecoms by AT&T / Texas instruments (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transistor).
The integrated circuit was invented in peace time, and it's mass production was spurred as much by the Apollo program (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrated_circuit) as for defence.
Interestingly, defence and space are very conservative in their use of technology and CPUs. The increase in CPU power over time has clearly been motivated by commercial market forces (non military).
Yes, I don't deny that defence money does finance innovation. But that's not the same as implying that innovation wouldn't take place if it wasn't for War. That's clearly nonsense - there's plenty of civil and commercial market forces that also spur development, and the examples you've cited demonstrate a few. War is not an essential for human or technological development, although it may speed it along a little from time to time.
I don't know. Does the US military usually sell its tech to the Japanese?
Seems to me that it's a technology lots of people are working on in parallel.
Consumer forces made flight widespread. Military forces make flight feasible. Hitler's minions didn't invent the jet engine and solid booster to deliver packages and orbit weather sensors.
Nice example. Frank Whittle (http://inventors.about.com/library/inventors/bljetengine.htm) received the first jet engine patent in 1930. He had been in the Air Force, but they wouldn't sponsor his research - so the development was privately funded and finally demonstrated in 1937.
Intercontental flight was made widespread after we decided to work on carring warheads across the ocean vs ppl. In 1940's who woulda funded a massive manhatten project to see if we can make it heat up some water...theoretically.
I think you're confusing fission and fusion.
The need for computer networks to survive a nuclear war now enable's us to read eachother's posts and take advantage of the consumerism on top of this web page.
Darpanet, indeed. But the web itself was developed in peacetime by a man researching at a (non military) Swiss research establishment (http://public.web.cern.ch/public/en/about/web-en.html).
Many technological advancements are so costly and far-fetched that no reasonable "business" would risk investing a lot of money in it. That's when paranoid governments pick up the tab. I don't think you understand that it's real easy to spend $499 on an iPod with tons of "Apps" on it and say...oh yah, this is like real easy to make because Chinese ppl take 50 cents worth of material and put it together. But before all this was possible, some of the smallest components in that iPhone and the most basic of all "Apps" took a "visionary" with a massivly risky budget to make one blink on some $5 million vaccuum box for the first time in history!
The first commercial transistors were developed for telecoms by AT&T / Texas instruments (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transistor).
The integrated circuit was invented in peace time, and it's mass production was spurred as much by the Apollo program (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrated_circuit) as for defence.
Interestingly, defence and space are very conservative in their use of technology and CPUs. The increase in CPU power over time has clearly been motivated by commercial market forces (non military).
Yes, I don't deny that defence money does finance innovation. But that's not the same as implying that innovation wouldn't take place if it wasn't for War. That's clearly nonsense - there's plenty of civil and commercial market forces that also spur development, and the examples you've cited demonstrate a few. War is not an essential for human or technological development, although it may speed it along a little from time to time.
more...
Doctor Q
Sep 19, 11:43 PM
Yeah, I get to have my wisdom teeth out next Thursday, so it's anesthesia for me too!Good luck. Let us know how it goes this week.
definitive
Apr 21, 12:58 PM
maybe this was one of the phones that was shown in a video a few days ago? the phone was white, and had around 64gigs of storage with a modified version of ios...
more...
cmaier
Mar 28, 11:21 PM
i love Steve but he looks just awful.
And there's something about Steve jobs drinking Starbucks coffee that doesn't sit right with me. I don't really know why.
I'm sure he didn't mean to offend you.
And there's something about Steve jobs drinking Starbucks coffee that doesn't sit right with me. I don't really know why.
I'm sure he didn't mean to offend you.
sebastianlewis
May 31, 12:20 AM
OK, I've been going through the Macrumors Guides a lot today, and what I'm seeing really sucks in organization, I'm sure you all know that already which is why this discussion is already here, so I wrote a few guidelines, made some minor changes to my previous proposal and I'm resubmitting it here. I'm going to continue going around and marking pages that are Stubs or Out of Date or should probably be deleted so that we have something to work with... we need a general agreement on what makes a good categorization system so that this mess is never recreated again and if possible I'd like to have an agreement by next week so that the changes can be put into effect immediately.
All of the Sub-Subcategories can be done away with, especially those under Apple Events, most of the Subcategories can be done away with, and all of the main categories can be reorganized and merged with others with a few done away with all together, categories are being treated more like tag clouds even though that's far from the case, they're not tag clouds, they're a hierarchy for useful organization
1) No Sub-Sub categories. A few subcategories per category is fine, but too many and it makes the Guides harder to navigate. Specific information like whether an app is an Instant Messenger or Web Browser can be included in the article page itself, and speaking of which...
2) Document information, tips, and guides (if they're not too long, otherwise Subdocument (see #3)) and any other useful information like developer, developer website, manufacturer, whatever the relevant metadata is directly in the page for that piece of software/hardware/service if possible. Creating individual pages for each and every one of these will clutter the categories which is probably what led to Sub-Sub categories in the first place.
3) Subdocument really long guides into the article page. I'm not entirely sure how this would look, but the general idea is place the Guide directly in the relevant page like say, a tip for making Safari faster (if you have one) would go directly in the article page under a Subheading of "Tips" if it's a few sentences to a paragraph long, but if it's too long and Safari already has a lot of different tips inline, you might want to instead create a page directly for your tip of putting Safari on steroids and then link to that somewhere on the Safari page, I'm not sure where yet but a simple "Related pages" thing wouldn't be good enough, I'm thinking something similar to how Wikipedia users broke the Cell BE page into several, or how they have a dedicated sidebar for related pages to say... Anarchy, or the Democratic Party... anyway I'll work on this idea some more and see if I have a better solution.
4) Don't be afraid of UNIX, Mac OS X has always been considered UNIX-like and is now certified UNIX with official support for the POSIX API. "Terminal Commands" are not so much Commands as they are individual packages and programs, separating them from the rest of the Software just because they run in the CLI is well, to say the least, annoying. You have OpenOffice.org for example in the main Software Category and that's an X11 program, but all the Terminal programs like man and top are separated from the Software category with the exception of pwd for some arbitrary reason. OK I realize there's a lot of people editing these pages and that inconsistencies are bound to happen, but that's why we need a simpler category page.
5) There are 3 Games Lists, List of Universal Games, Free Mac Games, and List of Intel Games, I already posted in the discussions of those pages that we need to separate games by genre, not architecture or price.
A note about Subcategories, is there anyway to make them act more like filters instead that would just limit the items in the list to the items in that category, or will we just have to post the articles under both the category and the subcategory for that to work? If possible, subcategories would be better off functioning as filters, then we could have an inclusive list of hardware and the list could be filtered by clicking on one of the categories, but I'm not sure if MediaWiki allows this.
I'm sure there's a lot of problems I'm missing from this um, well rant/list.
1. Hardware- (this would include Apple's hardware, notable 3rd party accessories, processors, internal hardware, Apple's hardware patents, and other hardware data.) Subcategories: Mac, Server, iPhone, iPod. (I'd only agree to those Subcategories if we could get them to work as filters instead, otherwise that's pretty much the entire list subcategorized).
2. Software� Subcategories: Operating Systems, Applications (including Terminal PROGRAMS and X11 PROGRAMS without any sort of Sub-Subcategorizing here, if a user cares about getting the most out of their computer, they won't care whether it is GUI or CLI), Software Development, and Games (Only if we were to use subcategories as filters).
3. Services (same as before)
4. Networking (same as before)
5. People, Events, and Organizations (would include companies, expos, and of course People, there would be no need for any subcategories here either)
6. Guides (I didn't touch on this before, but this is for guides that really don't fit under a specific category, maybe meta-guides that encompass the benefits that other guides on other pages provide for example)
7. Macrumors.com (I also didn't touch on this one, maybe it could be renamed to something else, but since the Buyer's Guide is a tab in itself on the main page and would be included under Guides anyway, probably all the Subcategories could be eliminated and this could serve as a place to store Help pages and Templates for reference, we might as well rename it while we're at it, or create a separate "Editors" category for what I'm talking about and leave this one as it is since I don't really care about the stuff relating directly to Macrumors.com... heh)
Keep in mind that the Guides are here to help educate the users, therefore there is no reason to shun some things like the UNIX parts out into a sub-sub category simply to keep it user friendly, someone is likely here to learn how to find out how to do something specific or else find other information, and the Guides should be a good information service exactly for that without doing any user-unfriendly filtering for them. :-p
I am open to debate about all of this, but I want to agree to something by next week if it's possible, it is supposed to be a Wiki after all but if it's total anarchy then that's no good either, and after this mess of a categorization system is over with and we have some lightweight guidelines for us and anybody we can recruit to make changes, then we can actually focus on the articles instead of the hierarchy.
Sebastian
All of the Sub-Subcategories can be done away with, especially those under Apple Events, most of the Subcategories can be done away with, and all of the main categories can be reorganized and merged with others with a few done away with all together, categories are being treated more like tag clouds even though that's far from the case, they're not tag clouds, they're a hierarchy for useful organization
1) No Sub-Sub categories. A few subcategories per category is fine, but too many and it makes the Guides harder to navigate. Specific information like whether an app is an Instant Messenger or Web Browser can be included in the article page itself, and speaking of which...
2) Document information, tips, and guides (if they're not too long, otherwise Subdocument (see #3)) and any other useful information like developer, developer website, manufacturer, whatever the relevant metadata is directly in the page for that piece of software/hardware/service if possible. Creating individual pages for each and every one of these will clutter the categories which is probably what led to Sub-Sub categories in the first place.
3) Subdocument really long guides into the article page. I'm not entirely sure how this would look, but the general idea is place the Guide directly in the relevant page like say, a tip for making Safari faster (if you have one) would go directly in the article page under a Subheading of "Tips" if it's a few sentences to a paragraph long, but if it's too long and Safari already has a lot of different tips inline, you might want to instead create a page directly for your tip of putting Safari on steroids and then link to that somewhere on the Safari page, I'm not sure where yet but a simple "Related pages" thing wouldn't be good enough, I'm thinking something similar to how Wikipedia users broke the Cell BE page into several, or how they have a dedicated sidebar for related pages to say... Anarchy, or the Democratic Party... anyway I'll work on this idea some more and see if I have a better solution.
4) Don't be afraid of UNIX, Mac OS X has always been considered UNIX-like and is now certified UNIX with official support for the POSIX API. "Terminal Commands" are not so much Commands as they are individual packages and programs, separating them from the rest of the Software just because they run in the CLI is well, to say the least, annoying. You have OpenOffice.org for example in the main Software Category and that's an X11 program, but all the Terminal programs like man and top are separated from the Software category with the exception of pwd for some arbitrary reason. OK I realize there's a lot of people editing these pages and that inconsistencies are bound to happen, but that's why we need a simpler category page.
5) There are 3 Games Lists, List of Universal Games, Free Mac Games, and List of Intel Games, I already posted in the discussions of those pages that we need to separate games by genre, not architecture or price.
A note about Subcategories, is there anyway to make them act more like filters instead that would just limit the items in the list to the items in that category, or will we just have to post the articles under both the category and the subcategory for that to work? If possible, subcategories would be better off functioning as filters, then we could have an inclusive list of hardware and the list could be filtered by clicking on one of the categories, but I'm not sure if MediaWiki allows this.
I'm sure there's a lot of problems I'm missing from this um, well rant/list.
1. Hardware- (this would include Apple's hardware, notable 3rd party accessories, processors, internal hardware, Apple's hardware patents, and other hardware data.) Subcategories: Mac, Server, iPhone, iPod. (I'd only agree to those Subcategories if we could get them to work as filters instead, otherwise that's pretty much the entire list subcategorized).
2. Software� Subcategories: Operating Systems, Applications (including Terminal PROGRAMS and X11 PROGRAMS without any sort of Sub-Subcategorizing here, if a user cares about getting the most out of their computer, they won't care whether it is GUI or CLI), Software Development, and Games (Only if we were to use subcategories as filters).
3. Services (same as before)
4. Networking (same as before)
5. People, Events, and Organizations (would include companies, expos, and of course People, there would be no need for any subcategories here either)
6. Guides (I didn't touch on this before, but this is for guides that really don't fit under a specific category, maybe meta-guides that encompass the benefits that other guides on other pages provide for example)
7. Macrumors.com (I also didn't touch on this one, maybe it could be renamed to something else, but since the Buyer's Guide is a tab in itself on the main page and would be included under Guides anyway, probably all the Subcategories could be eliminated and this could serve as a place to store Help pages and Templates for reference, we might as well rename it while we're at it, or create a separate "Editors" category for what I'm talking about and leave this one as it is since I don't really care about the stuff relating directly to Macrumors.com... heh)
Keep in mind that the Guides are here to help educate the users, therefore there is no reason to shun some things like the UNIX parts out into a sub-sub category simply to keep it user friendly, someone is likely here to learn how to find out how to do something specific or else find other information, and the Guides should be a good information service exactly for that without doing any user-unfriendly filtering for them. :-p
I am open to debate about all of this, but I want to agree to something by next week if it's possible, it is supposed to be a Wiki after all but if it's total anarchy then that's no good either, and after this mess of a categorization system is over with and we have some lightweight guidelines for us and anybody we can recruit to make changes, then we can actually focus on the articles instead of the hierarchy.
Sebastian
more...
MorphingDragon
Apr 15, 04:35 PM
zimbra, pop/imap
Yes, it also supports other standards.
what a joke. firewall guys, we want email on our phones. we need to open the firewall on a few more ports
exchange is database based which makes it easier and cheaper to manage it
That makes little sense whatsoever.
the base product is free but once you start buying add ons like archiving it's a lot more expensive than exchange. and other features that require MS outlook, contacts sync and iphone/mobile are not free. major fail and will cost just as much if not more than MS exchange once you compare apple's to apples
VMWare don't sell addons or a base product. They have an OSE edition to meet the GPL requirements and paid versions. Zimlets are created by the community.
Even with the full VMWAre Appliance or Collaboration edition its still cheaper than exchange.
Yes, it also supports other standards.
what a joke. firewall guys, we want email on our phones. we need to open the firewall on a few more ports
exchange is database based which makes it easier and cheaper to manage it
That makes little sense whatsoever.
the base product is free but once you start buying add ons like archiving it's a lot more expensive than exchange. and other features that require MS outlook, contacts sync and iphone/mobile are not free. major fail and will cost just as much if not more than MS exchange once you compare apple's to apples
VMWare don't sell addons or a base product. They have an OSE edition to meet the GPL requirements and paid versions. Zimlets are created by the community.
Even with the full VMWAre Appliance or Collaboration edition its still cheaper than exchange.
gheat93
Jun 13, 08:45 PM
Don't quote me on this, but I am somewhat sure the apps are backed up if you had been syncing your iPod with your computer. Can someone confirm this?
more...
sfwalter
Mar 6, 03:26 PM
I noticed today that someone is already in line at the Knox Henderson store. They had a tent setup.
aegisdesign
Aug 14, 10:36 AM
Worst Apple ads ever. You attract more flies with sugar than vinegar, and Apple's all about the vinegar.
And even more flies with ****. But who wants flies?
And even more flies with ****. But who wants flies?
more...
apfhex
Sep 19, 07:12 PM
but NO, the fans are not loud all the time now, they sound just fine, but after the update (according to temperature monitor) they are about 10 degrees F cooler now at idle
What do you use to monitor the temps? I haven't found anything that works yet.
What problems *do* these EFI and SMC updates fix, exactly? BTW, according to the SMC update description, it will update it to 1.7f8, while according to System Profiler I already have that version. Must apply to to the first batch of models only? :confused:
Edit: firmware update successfully applied, no SMC update in SWU for me.
What do you use to monitor the temps? I haven't found anything that works yet.
What problems *do* these EFI and SMC updates fix, exactly? BTW, according to the SMC update description, it will update it to 1.7f8, while according to System Profiler I already have that version. Must apply to to the first batch of models only? :confused:
Edit: firmware update successfully applied, no SMC update in SWU for me.
AxisOfBeagles
Mar 11, 07:50 PM
I like the idea you have going here. I would like the saturation more realistic, but that's just me. Different framing and cropping come to mind. Maybe play off the differences in the textures and color, putting them closer and cropping or framing in tight. I may play with this idea when I can. I have nice oranges, but I need an apple. And the nice lighting setup you have.
Please excuse the PhotoShop hack of your image...:)
Dale
Dale - no excusing required. You are one of a handful of folks here whose opinions I highly value and look forward to. To the suggestions you raise;
* Saturation. Acknowledged. to be fair to my concept tho, that was intentional. To achieve the greatest degree of obvious contrast in the photo I pushed the colors on the orange and the apple - but not overall in the photo.
* Composition (framing). This was the issue that concerned me the most. I played with different crops but elected to go with a very symmetrical and obvious crop - with the idea in mind that this best reinforced the obvious contrast elements (apples-oranges and black-white). But I never even thought of or attempted a close crop such as you used here, and now I'm gonna go play with that. I rather like it and it still seems to carry the conceptual message of contrast.
As always - thanks much for the great feedback.
Please excuse the PhotoShop hack of your image...:)
Dale
Dale - no excusing required. You are one of a handful of folks here whose opinions I highly value and look forward to. To the suggestions you raise;
* Saturation. Acknowledged. to be fair to my concept tho, that was intentional. To achieve the greatest degree of obvious contrast in the photo I pushed the colors on the orange and the apple - but not overall in the photo.
* Composition (framing). This was the issue that concerned me the most. I played with different crops but elected to go with a very symmetrical and obvious crop - with the idea in mind that this best reinforced the obvious contrast elements (apples-oranges and black-white). But I never even thought of or attempted a close crop such as you used here, and now I'm gonna go play with that. I rather like it and it still seems to carry the conceptual message of contrast.
As always - thanks much for the great feedback.
HyperZboy
Apr 5, 08:02 PM
That must mean I'm not normal. :D
Is there really anyone normal on tech/geek websites like Macrumors, etc.?
:: ducks ::
LOL
Is there really anyone normal on tech/geek websites like Macrumors, etc.?
:: ducks ::
LOL
kjr39
Sep 25, 10:25 AM
How can you give a positive/negative review if the event is ongoing?
mac-er
Sep 17, 10:14 PM
From my experience working retail, she is going to the back and talking to other employees...."OMG, there is this creepy guy in here again."
You'll really know that is true if someone else comes out of the backroom to look at you.
You'll really know that is true if someone else comes out of the backroom to look at you.
AppliedVisual
Oct 10, 05:40 PM
I think the Mini and Macbook will go C2D at the same time and this will be at the same time or just shortly after the Macbook Pro. With MBP line, I would expect the slowest CPU offering to be the 2.16GHz with an option of a 2.33GHz upgrade and the 2.33 will probably be standard on the 17". The Mini and Macbook will probably get the 1.6GHz and 1.83GHz C2D chips with an option to upgrade to the 2GHz C2D. At the 2GHz mark, it's still Core 2, but has half the cache and still a notch slower than MBP offerings. MBP may also have a 2GHz offering, but it will be the 4MB L2 cache chip.
michaelsviews
Feb 24, 05:06 AM
What a waste of taxpayers money. Here is a great idea, learn to be a parent!
I'll second that, maybe if Mommy and Daddy were doing there parenting duties Tax payers dollars would not be wasted because of the bad parenting.
I'll second that, maybe if Mommy and Daddy were doing there parenting duties Tax payers dollars would not be wasted because of the bad parenting.
MyDesktopBroke
Apr 7, 10:18 PM
So I guess the GoP stopped studying 1994 after they read "massive Republican gains?"
No comments:
Post a Comment