bluebomberman
Feb 25, 03:21 PM
One note: according to John Gruber (http://daringfireball.net/linked/2011/02/24/lion):
you need to specify the machine as a server when you install the OS � it�s not a switch you can flip later on
you need to specify the machine as a server when you install the OS � it�s not a switch you can flip later on
Scottyk9
Oct 16, 04:37 PM
every time a rumor comes up regarding "the" iPhone I will vote negative for it. i just can't hear it anymore.
If they release one, good, but please stop the rumors.
ummm....
..... you do know the name of the website where you are reading / posting? This may give you some indication as to whether or not you will be exposed to rumor - mongering.
:D
If they release one, good, but please stop the rumors.
ummm....
..... you do know the name of the website where you are reading / posting? This may give you some indication as to whether or not you will be exposed to rumor - mongering.
:D

DeuceDeuce
Apr 11, 04:58 PM
About $4.15 here
JackAxe
Mar 17, 07:36 PM
COOOL! I didn't know about the Master Quest! It will be a whole game for me... Well, sort of. :)
more...
Denarius
Apr 8, 06:30 PM
This dock means that the future iPhones will sync throught thunderbolt with macs and with usb 3.0 for pcs!!! I guess thins means macs wont come with usb 3.0, so maybe an adapter would come out sometime...
I repeat: sync to macs with thunderbolt and sync to pcs with usb 3.0!!
That sounds messy to me: packing two sets of IO technology into something the size of an iphone doesn't sound like an attractive design option.
I think iPhones/iPods will stick to USB2 for some time to come yet.
I repeat: sync to macs with thunderbolt and sync to pcs with usb 3.0!!
That sounds messy to me: packing two sets of IO technology into something the size of an iphone doesn't sound like an attractive design option.
I think iPhones/iPods will stick to USB2 for some time to come yet.
lilcosco08
Mar 26, 10:01 AM
Already have my black preorder
Now to wait until midnight.
Now to wait until midnight.
more...
pil0tflame
Apr 20, 12:47 PM
I would personally benefit more from the increase in CPU power in Sandy Bridge than I would suffer from the weaker Intel IGP. I'm not purchasing a MBA to play 3d games or do 3d content creation. I have other electronics more specialized/suited to those tasks (console & desktop, respectively). What I would see a benefit in is audio/video encoding, file archive compression speeds, Photoshop editing, Illustrator content creation, CCS3/JavaScript animation and any other CPU reliant tasks. Of course any GPU accelerated tasks are a different matter entirely and would need to be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
That said, I may pick up a current gen MBA based simply on the fact that it's a known entity with a generally positive and proven reputation. The hypothetical Sandy Bridge MBA could end up being a great product too, but then again it could be a flawed wreck. Only time will tell.
As I see it, the non-gamer would generally benefit from a Sandy Bridge MBA over a C2D one. Gamers on the other hand are typically limited by the GPU, not CPU, so would be better to stick with a nVidia 320M based Air.
That said, I may pick up a current gen MBA based simply on the fact that it's a known entity with a generally positive and proven reputation. The hypothetical Sandy Bridge MBA could end up being a great product too, but then again it could be a flawed wreck. Only time will tell.
As I see it, the non-gamer would generally benefit from a Sandy Bridge MBA over a C2D one. Gamers on the other hand are typically limited by the GPU, not CPU, so would be better to stick with a nVidia 320M based Air.

hsotnicam8002
Apr 13, 03:15 AM
I can't get this to work either even when the correct sync services box is checked. :confused:Doesn't work for me either. Turning to Time Machine now after messing up all of my calendars in the wasted time with this. :mad::mad::mad::mad:
more...
hcho3
Apr 20, 10:23 AM
No. Intel graphic card is not acceptable for me by any means.
I doubt backlit keyboard will come back on MBA. Apple is trying to differentiate the MBP and MBA. Backlit keyboard is one of their lists.
Bottom line, intel HD 3000 is a step back. I won't step back to upgrade and pay money.
I will wait for IVY Bridge Macbook air or liquid metal MBA in the future or Carbon Fiber.
That's a long time wait, but I will wait.
I doubt backlit keyboard will come back on MBA. Apple is trying to differentiate the MBP and MBA. Backlit keyboard is one of their lists.
Bottom line, intel HD 3000 is a step back. I won't step back to upgrade and pay money.
I will wait for IVY Bridge Macbook air or liquid metal MBA in the future or Carbon Fiber.
That's a long time wait, but I will wait.
eNcrypTioN
Feb 23, 01:15 PM
So wait I will need to be burdened with a lower time out period because some soccer mom refuses to discipline junior while she sips on a venti iced latte from starbucks in her 2010 QX45 Urban assault vehicle??
wtheck?
I lol'd :D
wtheck?
I lol'd :D
more...
MrFirework
Nov 14, 09:38 AM
so then... maybe...
flyPod?
... just a thought.
flyPod?
... just a thought.
byulasfjazz
Aug 19, 10:21 AM
YEP! - But how many people say "do you have a Facebook" when you first meet them and add them later in the day? Also, haven't you heard about the privacy issues, you surely must not live under a rock!
I dont add them.. I swear to you im not a grinch.. I just ignore it. unless I know people well.. I dont add them. Some of my co-workers I dont even add.
If you trust someone enough to see all the things you do on facebook.. you should be able to trust they are not going to KILL or ROB you..
Why do people add others they dont really know?? are we having a contest to see who has the most friends?
Am I alone when only adding people I KNOW I will hang out with or talk to on a normal basis??
I dont add them.. I swear to you im not a grinch.. I just ignore it. unless I know people well.. I dont add them. Some of my co-workers I dont even add.
If you trust someone enough to see all the things you do on facebook.. you should be able to trust they are not going to KILL or ROB you..
Why do people add others they dont really know?? are we having a contest to see who has the most friends?
Am I alone when only adding people I KNOW I will hang out with or talk to on a normal basis??
more...
twoodcc
Oct 10, 08:29 AM
just so you know, mac pro NEVER had, let along past tense, Core 2 Duo (or Core 2 Dou)
Woodcrest (Xeon), as much as it might have the similar technology underlying its processor, is NOT Core 2 Duo.
i'm pretty sure that the Xeon (Woodcrest) is considered Core2Duo
Woodcrest (Xeon), as much as it might have the similar technology underlying its processor, is NOT Core 2 Duo.
i'm pretty sure that the Xeon (Woodcrest) is considered Core2Duo
tarkeybear
Oct 9, 06:15 PM
I am a major Apple fan-boy but I haven't bought movies from iTunes for a couple reasons.
1) I like the special features on DVDs, and I doubt apple is offering alternate soundtracks, subtitles, director's comments, etc. with the Apple movie offerings.
2) My daughters like taking a DVD with them to their grandparents house. Unless we centralize Apple downloaded movies at my house and equip my kids with video iPods, the Apple movie sale solution is not a very portable option.
Don't get me wrong, one day I'll probably buy a movie from Apple, but at this time, I'll pay a $5-$10 premium for portability.
I do buy TV shows from iTunes, but I don't expect extra features with TV shows.
As other posters have have suggested, even if "Johnny Lunch-Pail" isn't interested in the benefits in physical media I list above, he probably won't have the bandwidth to download the movies at any reasonable speed. How much time does it take to save $5?
"Instant gratification" of iTunes movies is going to be painfully slow on most peeps DSL.
I'm surprised the folks at Target and Walmart haven't figured this out. Maybe the execs making all the fuss assume that their shoppers have the same high-end systems that they have?
I would assume any impact to DVD sales will be incremental, and T&W should be able to adjust their business model to this, adjusting retail space accordingly.
1) I like the special features on DVDs, and I doubt apple is offering alternate soundtracks, subtitles, director's comments, etc. with the Apple movie offerings.
2) My daughters like taking a DVD with them to their grandparents house. Unless we centralize Apple downloaded movies at my house and equip my kids with video iPods, the Apple movie sale solution is not a very portable option.
Don't get me wrong, one day I'll probably buy a movie from Apple, but at this time, I'll pay a $5-$10 premium for portability.
I do buy TV shows from iTunes, but I don't expect extra features with TV shows.
As other posters have have suggested, even if "Johnny Lunch-Pail" isn't interested in the benefits in physical media I list above, he probably won't have the bandwidth to download the movies at any reasonable speed. How much time does it take to save $5?
"Instant gratification" of iTunes movies is going to be painfully slow on most peeps DSL.
I'm surprised the folks at Target and Walmart haven't figured this out. Maybe the execs making all the fuss assume that their shoppers have the same high-end systems that they have?
I would assume any impact to DVD sales will be incremental, and T&W should be able to adjust their business model to this, adjusting retail space accordingly.
more...
bearbo
Oct 10, 03:19 PM
do you think these updated macbooks will have a true video card and not an intergrated one? :confused:
I'd assume still an integrated one? no evident, just a feeling... i just don't see apple to upgrade macbook that much yet.. i mean, it was updated a lot from ibook so..
I'd assume still an integrated one? no evident, just a feeling... i just don't see apple to upgrade macbook that much yet.. i mean, it was updated a lot from ibook so..
soulreaver99
Mar 16, 11:43 PM
Sucks to be in California!!!
more...
iGary
Sep 9, 09:17 AM
I've driven through Valle Crucis (http://www.vallecrucis.com/) a couple times, but never stayed. It's a gorgeous, isolated N.C. mountain town. May be farther than you're willing to drive, though--I'd guess about 8 hours from Maryland.
Tha looks tempting, WM.
I'm also thinking of packing up my dusty collection of new, but long-unused fly rods and heading to Pennsylvania for some trout.
Tha looks tempting, WM.
I'm also thinking of packing up my dusty collection of new, but long-unused fly rods and heading to Pennsylvania for some trout.

Blue Velvet
Feb 12, 06:56 PM
Import the CD, then click on the Browse button (top-right, look like an eye).
Scroll down the album menu to the album. Select it and key Apple-I, it will ask you if you want to edit multiple items, you say yes, and then enter the name you want in the artists field...
Scroll down the album menu to the album. Select it and key Apple-I, it will ask you if you want to edit multiple items, you say yes, and then enter the name you want in the artists field...
IntelliUser
May 3, 11:32 AM
As an American so you have no idea what conservative or liberal really means. Those words have been distorted by your politics over the last half century. Conservative is supposed to mean "balance the budget and pay down the debt" through prudent spending cuts without raising of taxes.
What your so-called conservatives have done is cut taxes for the rich only, increased spending in the military industrial complex and refused to pass healthcare reform that could potentially save billions of dollars per year. The US spends more on healthcare per capita than any other country but it has the worst healthcare per capita than any other country in the world. Even Cuba has better healthcare.
Being a conservative is not about having no social programs but rather it is about being fiscally responsible with tax payers money and spending on social programs that serve the majority of citizens and help promote a strong and healthy workforce. The workforce is the engine of the economy.
Tax cuts are not a bad thing but they should only be done when the government is certain that the budget will be balanced or when they are needed for economic stimulus and they should be across the board or to people on the bottom end.
What's liberalism then?
What your so-called conservatives have done is cut taxes for the rich only, increased spending in the military industrial complex and refused to pass healthcare reform that could potentially save billions of dollars per year. The US spends more on healthcare per capita than any other country but it has the worst healthcare per capita than any other country in the world. Even Cuba has better healthcare.
Being a conservative is not about having no social programs but rather it is about being fiscally responsible with tax payers money and spending on social programs that serve the majority of citizens and help promote a strong and healthy workforce. The workforce is the engine of the economy.
Tax cuts are not a bad thing but they should only be done when the government is certain that the budget will be balanced or when they are needed for economic stimulus and they should be across the board or to people on the bottom end.
What's liberalism then?
MartiNZ
Apr 17, 08:55 PM
Pretty exciting - I just noticed Word 2011 now supports scrolling from the background! Awesome seeing as how they reckoned they had intentionally disabled that at release.
pepitko
Apr 5, 03:59 PM
TBH, it looks like an iPhone with a cover that says iPod on the back, I say it's fake.
iGav
Sep 16, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by jefhatfield
i hope by the time pentium 5 hits the shelves, there will be a G5 on the shelves
btw, igav, i see that you are on akira's site...i should go there and join up and give the old alphatech a hard time...i miss alphatech and his intelligent comments...even when he gets unintelligent and flames newbies:eek: :p ;)
I would think that by the time Intel do inflict the P5 upon that we'll be if not running machines with Apples next generation PPC at that time, then they'll be right around the corner......
And yep I joined akira's site...... although I won't be using it like I do mr...... and as akira said, it's not a rumour site, it's a discussion and problem site about current technical issues and hardware and software...... I thought Alphatech was funny...... sure he sometimes got a little heated, but there was alot of people that deserved it, and hey it spiced things up...... :p
He seem alot more chilled over at his site..... so that's cool.... :)
P.S It's good to have you back Jef....... ;) :)
i hope by the time pentium 5 hits the shelves, there will be a G5 on the shelves
btw, igav, i see that you are on akira's site...i should go there and join up and give the old alphatech a hard time...i miss alphatech and his intelligent comments...even when he gets unintelligent and flames newbies:eek: :p ;)
I would think that by the time Intel do inflict the P5 upon that we'll be if not running machines with Apples next generation PPC at that time, then they'll be right around the corner......
And yep I joined akira's site...... although I won't be using it like I do mr...... and as akira said, it's not a rumour site, it's a discussion and problem site about current technical issues and hardware and software...... I thought Alphatech was funny...... sure he sometimes got a little heated, but there was alot of people that deserved it, and hey it spiced things up...... :p
He seem alot more chilled over at his site..... so that's cool.... :)
P.S It's good to have you back Jef....... ;) :)
BenRoethig
Oct 26, 04:00 PM
I'm sorry for everyone with a PowerPC Mac, but the sooner the PowerPC is a distant memory, the better for the platform.
bochawa
May 2, 01:51 PM
All this image shows is that the person measuring the white iPhone 4 has no idea how to use a caliper. The idea of a caliper isn't to squeeze the crap out of whatever you're measuring. It is obvious that the in the right picture they are squeezing much harder just looking at the discoloration of the persons skin on their thumb.
Yes, a micrometer would be a more repeatable measurement method. Can I see a gage R&R study and and 30 piece capability study, please. :)
Yes, a micrometer would be a more repeatable measurement method. Can I see a gage R&R study and and 30 piece capability study, please. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment