whiteStallion
06-16 06:48 PM
I am not sure about six months ... That is only when you file 485 and want to use AC21 to continue your GC process.
Once your I-140 is approved, then you lock the PD from that moment itself.
I140 + 6 months = Change your employer, file new PERM & then new I140 but you get to keep your old PD from old PERM. Is it not the case ?
Once your I-140 is approved, then you lock the PD from that moment itself.
I140 + 6 months = Change your employer, file new PERM & then new I140 but you get to keep your old PD from old PERM. Is it not the case ?
wallpaper Cats, like dogs are some times
dpp
06-28 02:52 PM
Use your PERM labor one - thats the safest, I have used that - Attorney signed off saying that is right
Its wrong. Please check with other senior attorney. It is going to be a problem if you used like that.
Its wrong. Please check with other senior attorney. It is going to be a problem if you used like that.
jayram123
07-12 04:40 PM
We do not need new thread. Either close or change the title, please.
2011 funny cats and dogs with
saint_2010
06-25 12:42 PM
Would taking a picture using a digital camera at home and print them out ourselves help....not trying to be greedy but trying to get good quality pictures compared to crappy CVS/Walgreens/Costco/etc. picutres....what do u think guys?
more...
meridiani.planum
03-31 09:06 PM
Hi All Gurus:
I am changing my employer with pending I-140 and I-485 both > 180 days.
RD: 07/23
ND: 09/13
EB2/TSC
PD:12/04
I might recieve an RFE as I did not submit experience letters from my previous employers. I have a masters degree from US.
Just in case I get an RFE on I-140 and old lawyers/old company chose not to respond what are my options? I have letters with me now and can myself respond to RFE if I know what it is about.
if RFE goes unresponded is MTR the only option left??
Thanks in anticipation.
RFE goes to employer/attorney, you wont get a chance to give those experience letters unless employer co-operates. The I-140 will be denied, appeal/MTR also wont work because the I-140 is the employers petition. If they dont co-operate, why will they appeal?
Hang on till your I-140 is approved, dont lose everything by just a couple of months haste...
I am changing my employer with pending I-140 and I-485 both > 180 days.
RD: 07/23
ND: 09/13
EB2/TSC
PD:12/04
I might recieve an RFE as I did not submit experience letters from my previous employers. I have a masters degree from US.
Just in case I get an RFE on I-140 and old lawyers/old company chose not to respond what are my options? I have letters with me now and can myself respond to RFE if I know what it is about.
if RFE goes unresponded is MTR the only option left??
Thanks in anticipation.
RFE goes to employer/attorney, you wont get a chance to give those experience letters unless employer co-operates. The I-140 will be denied, appeal/MTR also wont work because the I-140 is the employers petition. If they dont co-operate, why will they appeal?
Hang on till your I-140 is approved, dont lose everything by just a couple of months haste...
vdlrao
04-08 02:25 PM
http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/statistics/publications/LPR_FR_2007.pdf
Employment preferences, including principals and their dependents, represented 15 percent of the total LPR flow in 2007, up from 13 percent in 2006. The LPR flow for employment preferences increased 2 percent from 159,081 in 2006 to 162,176 in 2007, but was below the record of 246,877 set in 2005. The large num-ber of LPRs in the employment preferences in 2005 was primarily due to the American Competitiveness in the 21 Century Act of st2000 (AC21). This Act resulted in the recapture of 130,107 unused employment-based visa numbers from 1999 and 2000 to be made available to first, second, and third preference employment-based immigrants once the annual limit had been reached. Approximately 94,000 of those recaptured visa numbers were used in 2005, none were used in 2006, and 7,312 were used in 2007. In addition, provisions of the REAL ID Act of 2005 resulted in the recapture of 50,000 unused employment-based visas from 2001 to 2004, of which 11,950 were used in 2005, 33,335 were used in 2006, and 4,743 were used in 2007.
Employment preferences, including principals and their dependents, represented 15 percent of the total LPR flow in 2007, up from 13 percent in 2006. The LPR flow for employment preferences increased 2 percent from 159,081 in 2006 to 162,176 in 2007, but was below the record of 246,877 set in 2005. The large num-ber of LPRs in the employment preferences in 2005 was primarily due to the American Competitiveness in the 21 Century Act of st2000 (AC21). This Act resulted in the recapture of 130,107 unused employment-based visa numbers from 1999 and 2000 to be made available to first, second, and third preference employment-based immigrants once the annual limit had been reached. Approximately 94,000 of those recaptured visa numbers were used in 2005, none were used in 2006, and 7,312 were used in 2007. In addition, provisions of the REAL ID Act of 2005 resulted in the recapture of 50,000 unused employment-based visas from 2001 to 2004, of which 11,950 were used in 2005, 33,335 were used in 2006, and 4,743 were used in 2007.
more...
karanp25
07-30 01:47 PM
If u r a dependent, then ur EAD case is much simpler than the primary's case, logocally speaking...
Don't try to make too much logic out of USCIS. It's all random and they work as they please.
I got a similar situation but the thing is that both myself and my spouse got our EAD's but my application on the website shows pending while it is approved for my spouse. Don't know why my application is still showing pending. Could it be because I am the dependent on the application and not primary ?
Don't try to make too much logic out of USCIS. It's all random and they work as they please.
I got a similar situation but the thing is that both myself and my spouse got our EAD's but my application on the website shows pending while it is approved for my spouse. Don't know why my application is still showing pending. Could it be because I am the dependent on the application and not primary ?
2010 Add your funny caption here in
rajeshbillabong
09-24 11:55 AM
All they said was that you do not have enough ties in India and you will work there.
It sounds very lame to me.
It sounds very lame to me.
more...
IfYouSeekAmy
08-28 03:34 PM
Like Apume pointed out, if there is Good News on preadjudication, it will be posted on other web sites and forums too. I don't think IV has exclusive rights on posting these things. So you will get to know it one way or the other.
apume,
I am just asking why i lost my Donor Access? Not begging.
They opened a thread, "Good News on preadjudication"...I just wanted to take a look at it.
If you count how many people contributed more than me, you will not find more than 100 members. If top 100 contributers dont have access, who will have accesss to Donor Forums.... What is the freaking use? Why even have Donor Threads?
No Accountability results in No Credibility.
apume,
I am just asking why i lost my Donor Access? Not begging.
They opened a thread, "Good News on preadjudication"...I just wanted to take a look at it.
If you count how many people contributed more than me, you will not find more than 100 members. If top 100 contributers dont have access, who will have accesss to Donor Forums.... What is the freaking use? Why even have Donor Threads?
No Accountability results in No Credibility.
hair No dogs playing poker
sledge_hammer
07-09 11:44 AM
I agree 200% with you...
In our society we always waive the rules for emergency, so I see nothing wrong in posting this, If at least one or two people come forward to help after seeing this,that itself a victory for this post.
I am not being rude here, consider this post in a humane nature
In our society we always waive the rules for emergency, so I see nothing wrong in posting this, If at least one or two people come forward to help after seeing this,that itself a victory for this post.
I am not being rude here, consider this post in a humane nature
more...
cal97
08-17 02:37 PM
If you had both your I-140's approved not sure why your attorney refused to go in for a I-140 substitution. Thats very weird. Should have been done in the first place. Why would someone not want to use an earlier PD :mad:?? Beyond me. If you hired the lawyer, give him your peace of mind. If he/she is a corporate attorney make sure to talk to your Manager/HR to get things fixed up.
You should be able to substitute it now as far as I know. Consult a good lawyer.
My I485 was filled with EB3/PD Sep 2002. That time I had EB2/PD-Sep-2004 approved too but my layers said that we should file with �EB3/PD Sep 2002� and when I asked them to combine my EB2 with �EB3/ PD Sep 2002� they said USCIS will reject it.,
Now as EB3 is unavailable, is it possible to use my EB2 approved I-140 with already filled I-485 ( which was filled with EB3/PD-Sep-2002) so that I can retain my EB3/PD-sep 2003 but change the preference category to EB2.
You should be able to substitute it now as far as I know. Consult a good lawyer.
My I485 was filled with EB3/PD Sep 2002. That time I had EB2/PD-Sep-2004 approved too but my layers said that we should file with �EB3/PD Sep 2002� and when I asked them to combine my EB2 with �EB3/ PD Sep 2002� they said USCIS will reject it.,
Now as EB3 is unavailable, is it possible to use my EB2 approved I-140 with already filled I-485 ( which was filled with EB3/PD-Sep-2002) so that I can retain my EB3/PD-sep 2003 but change the preference category to EB2.
hot funny pictures of dogs with
jthomas
06-07 10:11 PM
....... But its better not to apply for any government aid if possible. There are many people who have applied for unemployement. It would be interesting to find out if they had issues during the 485 approval
1. Unemployment benifit is not a goverment aid. Its a insurance which is deducted from every paycheck.
2. Goverment aid has increased the insurance from almost 6 months to almost one year. However we are not qualified for the goverment aid. Unemployment benifit people have given be 28 weeks instead of 54 weeks (in CA). One of my friend in Mass (boston) got 30 weeks instead of 59 weeks. So in this case they automatically remove us from goverment benifits.
Apply or not its your personal choice. Research about it from good sources and if you wish apply for it.
Secondly, Unemployment insurance is around 450 to 650 dollars a week and depends on the state. If you decide to apply for it then please think about CONTRIBUTING some dollars to IV.
1. Unemployment benifit is not a goverment aid. Its a insurance which is deducted from every paycheck.
2. Goverment aid has increased the insurance from almost 6 months to almost one year. However we are not qualified for the goverment aid. Unemployment benifit people have given be 28 weeks instead of 54 weeks (in CA). One of my friend in Mass (boston) got 30 weeks instead of 59 weeks. So in this case they automatically remove us from goverment benifits.
Apply or not its your personal choice. Research about it from good sources and if you wish apply for it.
Secondly, Unemployment insurance is around 450 to 650 dollars a week and depends on the state. If you decide to apply for it then please think about CONTRIBUTING some dollars to IV.
more...
house funny pictures of dogs with

traveldoc
09-30 07:16 AM
Ken,
First off priority mail could take about 5 days to reach and sounds like you are right about there now. Second, if you sent via priority mail with delivery confirmation the post office is responsible for it, contact them and try to locate the package. If you are not in a hurry for the AP I advice you to take this route. If you are in a hurry I suggest you send a second package in Express mail. Good luck with you AP.
First off priority mail could take about 5 days to reach and sounds like you are right about there now. Second, if you sent via priority mail with delivery confirmation the post office is responsible for it, contact them and try to locate the package. If you are not in a hurry for the AP I advice you to take this route. If you are in a hurry I suggest you send a second package in Express mail. Good luck with you AP.
tattoo funny cats and dogs with captions. The captions are meant to be
gultie2k
07-02 08:48 PM
Thanks! Will I be out of status immediately? How much time do I have to leave the country?
more...
pictures funny dogs and cats with
Imigrait
08-31 03:08 PM
Bottomline is that the whole process translates to Luck.
Surely is. That's why if you search on this forum there are so many theories and postulates put forward that tries to second guess or figure out what their algorithm/methodology is. The last person who could guess the PD movement algorithm was VDLRao, but he is MIA nowadays.
Anyways if anyone who has their PDs current on this forum and believes that they are feeling lucky tommorrow or anytime in the next month, I would suggest NOT to wait for GC news. When you're feeling lucky go to Vegas, maybe a multimillion $ jackpot that you always dreamt about is around the corner:D.
Surely is. That's why if you search on this forum there are so many theories and postulates put forward that tries to second guess or figure out what their algorithm/methodology is. The last person who could guess the PD movement algorithm was VDLRao, but he is MIA nowadays.
Anyways if anyone who has their PDs current on this forum and believes that they are feeling lucky tommorrow or anytime in the next month, I would suggest NOT to wait for GC news. When you're feeling lucky go to Vegas, maybe a multimillion $ jackpot that you always dreamt about is around the corner:D.
dresses funny cats and dogs with captions. Posted in Funny Cats amp; Dogs,

sku
09-11 01:54 PM
This Poll is for EB2 applicant whose priority Date is current but are waiting for approval.
Last Option Sept 2004 - Jan 2005 Priority Date ...Should be read as Oct 2004 - Jan 2005 Priority Date.
I
Last Option Sept 2004 - Jan 2005 Priority Date ...Should be read as Oct 2004 - Jan 2005 Priority Date.
I
more...
makeup funny pictures of dogs with
USCISSucks
11-14 01:34 AM
Before 180 Days for those 140 approved
Do a H1 transfer and extension to new company which you like..
(don't use EAD with the new company)
Stay with the present company for some secondary part time job just not to get him mad (or take a vacation)
2 months would fly when you are making now decent money...
do whatever after 180 days.
I spoke with my Lawyer on this approach and says he doesn;t see any issue with this since I140 approved..
otehrs who have answered favourably please let us know if anybody did this?
Do a H1 transfer and extension to new company which you like..
(don't use EAD with the new company)
Stay with the present company for some secondary part time job just not to get him mad (or take a vacation)
2 months would fly when you are making now decent money...
do whatever after 180 days.
I spoke with my Lawyer on this approach and says he doesn;t see any issue with this since I140 approved..
otehrs who have answered favourably please let us know if anybody did this?
girlfriend funny dogs and cats with
ajju
08-23 01:11 PM
I submitted Proof Of Status along with my I-485 as my lawyer asked for it.. Not sure if everyone does... It was a statement (1 page word doc) with all my H1/I-94 history... I was missing few I-94 numbers, I left it blank... And attached all my H1B copies along with it...
Remember that your I-94 # changes only when you tarvel outside US... So it should be quite simple to keep track... I-94 # is also written on your H1 extension if done while in US... So I was in nutshell able to get most of my I-94 numbers.. except for one duration when I travelled on same H1 twice.. So lost that I-94 #.. But had same H1B for that duration.. SO guess it should be okay...
Remember that your I-94 # changes only when you tarvel outside US... So it should be quite simple to keep track... I-94 # is also written on your H1 extension if done while in US... So I was in nutshell able to get most of my I-94 numbers.. except for one duration when I travelled on same H1 twice.. So lost that I-94 #.. But had same H1B for that duration.. SO guess it should be okay...
hairstyles funny pictures of cats with
goel_ar
12-21 11:29 AM
Thanks for responding.
Is it even true when H1 was supposed to be effective October Ist? I understand that I got new I-94 on Jun 30,2008 but with effective date of Oct 1, 2008; so I understand that my H1 status will be effective in system on october 1st, not before that?
Anyways, I have an infopass appointment on Tuesday & see how it goes.
It is quite confusing.. I think going to Canada/mexico is risky as I don't have any paystubs on H1, so going to my home country (india) might be the only option.
Does anyone know how long does it take for Change of Status application (i-539) to get approved? The processing date at Vermont Center shows it as "Feb 2008" right now.
Thanks,
AG
Goel_ar,
Your manner of last entry is the status that you are currently on. Thats a fact.
This is most probably what happened in your case. You were first on H-4, then H-1 got approved in June'08. In the H-1 approval notice, did you get an I-94 attached at the bottom. If yes, then your status changed to H-1 automatically. Now, since you got back into the country in Sept'08 on H-4, it changed back to H-4.
Either you have to go to a consulate aboard and get H-1 stamp and enter using H-1 visa. Or apply for change of status within the country. However, whenever you leave the country, you will have to apply for H-1 visa stamp and use it later to enter.
Hope it helps.
Is it even true when H1 was supposed to be effective October Ist? I understand that I got new I-94 on Jun 30,2008 but with effective date of Oct 1, 2008; so I understand that my H1 status will be effective in system on october 1st, not before that?
Anyways, I have an infopass appointment on Tuesday & see how it goes.
It is quite confusing.. I think going to Canada/mexico is risky as I don't have any paystubs on H1, so going to my home country (india) might be the only option.
Does anyone know how long does it take for Change of Status application (i-539) to get approved? The processing date at Vermont Center shows it as "Feb 2008" right now.
Thanks,
AG
Goel_ar,
Your manner of last entry is the status that you are currently on. Thats a fact.
This is most probably what happened in your case. You were first on H-4, then H-1 got approved in June'08. In the H-1 approval notice, did you get an I-94 attached at the bottom. If yes, then your status changed to H-1 automatically. Now, since you got back into the country in Sept'08 on H-4, it changed back to H-4.
Either you have to go to a consulate aboard and get H-1 stamp and enter using H-1 visa. Or apply for change of status within the country. However, whenever you leave the country, you will have to apply for H-1 visa stamp and use it later to enter.
Hope it helps.
kirupa
11-21 11:47 PM
haha - good point :P
So, it seems like I will be unable to add the poll today like I had hoped. I got sidetracked with some other things. Apologies. Tomorrow is the new today.
So, it seems like I will be unable to add the poll today like I had hoped. I got sidetracked with some other things. Apologies. Tomorrow is the new today.
satyasrd
08-25 08:58 AM
Hi,
I am new to the GC process and this forum where I have been reading a lot of posts lately, especially like this one, where people are talking about converting from EB3 to EB2. But my basic understanding was that you cannot use experience from your current company in order to do that. Since my process is just starting in EB3/I and I would definitely like to have that option in the future, could someone going through this conversion or attorneys please shed some light as to how this can be done.
I greatly appreciate your advice !
Thanks,
I am new to the GC process and this forum where I have been reading a lot of posts lately, especially like this one, where people are talking about converting from EB3 to EB2. But my basic understanding was that you cannot use experience from your current company in order to do that. Since my process is just starting in EB3/I and I would definitely like to have that option in the future, could someone going through this conversion or attorneys please shed some light as to how this can be done.
I greatly appreciate your advice !
Thanks,
No comments:
Post a Comment