
sux2beyou
Mar 2, 11:23 AM
Mail is not using squirrelmail !! HORRAY. They switched to roundcube. (http://roundcube.net/) Also they are using the latest version of roundcube (0.5.1) which was released 2-9-2011.
I posed some screen shots of the new device management remote lock and wipe features here.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1106504
In the backend there is a lot of ruby running the wiki (teamsserver and the webauthserver)
There is also built in postgres running the services, but no obvious way to manage it from the GUI.
MySQL is not installed.
A lot of services are missing from server admin, some have dumbed down features in the server.app (which replaces server preferences) but a lot is missing.
Web is missing from server admin, so I find no obvious way to change thing like Folder Listings, or Proxy or Aliases.
I can't find any way to make an NFS or FTP share.
Print server is missing.
QuickTime Streaming service is missing. (although I've never used that)
VPN settings are only in server.app, so there is no way to provide different DNS Servers or Search Domains or Network Routing to your VPN clients.
It also looks like it sets up as L2TP over IPSec Auth and there is no way to change it or see the number of connections like you can in server admin.
I posed some screen shots of the new device management remote lock and wipe features here.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1106504
In the backend there is a lot of ruby running the wiki (teamsserver and the webauthserver)
There is also built in postgres running the services, but no obvious way to manage it from the GUI.
MySQL is not installed.
A lot of services are missing from server admin, some have dumbed down features in the server.app (which replaces server preferences) but a lot is missing.
Web is missing from server admin, so I find no obvious way to change thing like Folder Listings, or Proxy or Aliases.
I can't find any way to make an NFS or FTP share.
Print server is missing.
QuickTime Streaming service is missing. (although I've never used that)
VPN settings are only in server.app, so there is no way to provide different DNS Servers or Search Domains or Network Routing to your VPN clients.
It also looks like it sets up as L2TP over IPSec Auth and there is no way to change it or see the number of connections like you can in server admin.
citizenzen
Apr 5, 10:00 AM
Here's the gist of the problem: too generous state worker union pensions.
Pretty sweeping statement without a source.
You'll have to do a little better than that. :rolleyes:
Pretty sweeping statement without a source.
You'll have to do a little better than that. :rolleyes:
rovex
Mar 28, 10:38 AM
WWDC and E3 in the same week. OMG.
We can feast our eyes on the Sony NGP whilst Apple have nothing new to show in terms of hardware! :D
We can feast our eyes on the Sony NGP whilst Apple have nothing new to show in terms of hardware! :D
Keleko
Mar 10, 06:49 PM
http://monogon.org/gfx/jonespeak.jpg
Jones Peak, Nathrop, Colorado
1/500s, f/8, 238mm, ISO 100
Canon Rebel T2i + EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM + EF 2x Extender II
This is a good classic take on contrast. B&W landscape really brings out the contrast and textures.
I have a second entry I took today. I found this burned out stump filled with a pool of water reflecting the sky. I saw it and realized it had all 4 "elements" in it.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5298/5515712207_7aa9475c8f_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/22077805@N07/5515712207/)
Jones Peak, Nathrop, Colorado
1/500s, f/8, 238mm, ISO 100
Canon Rebel T2i + EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM + EF 2x Extender II
This is a good classic take on contrast. B&W landscape really brings out the contrast and textures.
I have a second entry I took today. I found this burned out stump filled with a pool of water reflecting the sky. I saw it and realized it had all 4 "elements" in it.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5298/5515712207_7aa9475c8f_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/22077805@N07/5515712207/)
more...
Marx55
Nov 2, 11:47 AM
Are the marketshare figures for the USA or Worldwide? It is not the same...
anonymous161
Mar 26, 08:52 PM
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2010/03/26/160022-jobs_schmidt_coffee.jpg
Frenemies!
Frenemies!
more...
solvs
Sep 27, 12:18 PM
...that developer friend of yours is breaking his agreement with Apple and he should stop.
I think he was just trying to convince me to sign up. I'm not so sure now. We'll see what happens with this next version.
I think he was just trying to convince me to sign up. I'm not so sure now. We'll see what happens with this next version.
BillyBobBongo
Mar 18, 07:44 AM
The picture that is shown tells you how much cheaper (in %) the other countries are (compared to The Netherlands)
Tell me about it, it's gone insane here...I've taken to filling up in unmaned stations so I can save a few extra few cents each time.
Tell me about it, it's gone insane here...I've taken to filling up in unmaned stations so I can save a few extra few cents each time.
more...
appleguy
Jan 6, 10:01 PM
go to the friends tab within facebook and within, there is a 'sync' tab on the top right of the page. Hope that helps.
chrmjenkins
Apr 21, 12:59 PM
If the hardware isn't that much different from the iPad 2 then why would they give it to devs early?
Same question I had. Just run the game at 960x540 on the iPad 2 to simulate running the game. Even if it's clocked differently, they can approximate that too. Only difference would be if they stuffed more RAM in the iPhone 5/4s, which I doubt.
Same question I had. Just run the game at 960x540 on the iPad 2 to simulate running the game. Even if it's clocked differently, they can approximate that too. Only difference would be if they stuffed more RAM in the iPhone 5/4s, which I doubt.
more...

ezekielrage_99
Apr 20, 10:35 PM
I'm not buying a tablet until there is one that runs mac OS X (the modbook is too expensive) :D
I'm still a firm believer tablet computers need to come with the following to be considered "standard":
1) Soliataire
2) Minesweaper
3) Disk Defrag
4) A CD Burner
Other than that I do think Woz's comments were right on the money.
I'm still a firm believer tablet computers need to come with the following to be considered "standard":
1) Soliataire
2) Minesweaper
3) Disk Defrag
4) A CD Burner
Other than that I do think Woz's comments were right on the money.
Electro Funk
Sep 19, 09:03 PM
You can't boot XP from CD on a Mac. You can't you can't you can't. The Mac boots using EFI, which XP doesn't support.
You need to use Boot Camp to install it, as legacy BIOS emulation has to be loaded specifically for XP.
if i am not mistaken the bios emulator (or whatever allows xp and the new vista build to boot from BIOS) is in the last firmware update 1.0 or 1.1, cant remeber the number... you dont need boot camp to install xp or vista, but you do need BC if you want an easy way to create a drivers disc for windows...
You need to use Boot Camp to install it, as legacy BIOS emulation has to be loaded specifically for XP.
if i am not mistaken the bios emulator (or whatever allows xp and the new vista build to boot from BIOS) is in the last firmware update 1.0 or 1.1, cant remeber the number... you dont need boot camp to install xp or vista, but you do need BC if you want an easy way to create a drivers disc for windows...
more...

Squadleader
Apr 8, 05:46 PM
Humans should have the full right to decide over their own bodies, that includes planned parenthood and abortions.

No matter what Obama does,
more...

just love quotes tumblr,

i love you this much quotes.
more...

i love u quotes. i love u

I love you.

precisely. i love you marcus.
Cassie
Nov 11, 02:10 AM
Maybe it's because we watch these ads too much... I too understood what they were saying
more...
MattSepeta
Apr 12, 02:11 PM
He's just speaking truth to power. It's a violent outburst caused by the man's oppression by the white majority. It's unfortunate that a woman was beat up, but we must consider the root cause - whites.
Seriously, I had to write papers on this crap. It's pretty awesome. I took it as a lesson on how you can win any argument by changing the rules.
Lucky for you, you got to help finance the mess that is the University system :)
Seriously, I had to write papers on this crap. It's pretty awesome. I took it as a lesson on how you can win any argument by changing the rules.
Lucky for you, you got to help finance the mess that is the University system :)
CorvusCamenarum
Apr 24, 01:18 PM
What has Obama really done besides go on vacation for the last few years? How the hell has he raised any bar? Tell me what all he promised to do and then tell me exactly how many of those things he has accomplished so far.
He's done all he's had to do for pretty much his entire life - he showed up.
He's done all he's had to do for pretty much his entire life - he showed up.
more...
rhinosrcool
Feb 18, 12:17 PM
Steve doesn't look any thinner than the last two keynotes.
rhinosrcool
Feb 19, 02:23 AM
Steve looks the same as he did at the last two keynotes.
iGary
Sep 9, 09:17 AM
I've driven through Valle Crucis (http://www.vallecrucis.com/) a couple times, but never stayed. It's a gorgeous, isolated N.C. mountain town. May be farther than you're willing to drive, though--I'd guess about 8 hours from Maryland.
Tha looks tempting, WM.
I'm also thinking of packing up my dusty collection of new, but long-unused fly rods and heading to Pennsylvania for some trout.
Tha looks tempting, WM.
I'm also thinking of packing up my dusty collection of new, but long-unused fly rods and heading to Pennsylvania for some trout.
Lancetx
Mar 13, 01:04 PM
wow, this is a NETWORK issue, not iPhone.
the time is pushed to your phone by your carrier if it's set automatically. if it's not, then of course it's not gonna do anything or it's going to be wrong.
i thought this was common knowledge?
if i fly down to the west coast (i'm in the east) and restart my phone, I WILL GET THE TIME FOR THE WEST COAST
Precisely. Not sure why so many people can't seem to figure that out.
the time is pushed to your phone by your carrier if it's set automatically. if it's not, then of course it's not gonna do anything or it's going to be wrong.
i thought this was common knowledge?
if i fly down to the west coast (i'm in the east) and restart my phone, I WILL GET THE TIME FOR THE WEST COAST
Precisely. Not sure why so many people can't seem to figure that out.
agentkow
Feb 18, 11:05 AM
It's hard for me to look at that picture and not imagine them all sitting on one side of the table with Obama in the centre flanked by Jobs and Zuckerberg and the rest, Last Supper-style.
Goldinboy17
Mar 24, 04:35 PM
I'm debating this as well. I think I'm just going to end up buying the Ipad 2 16gb for $100 more. I don't need 32gb.
Well if anything I could stream all of my content from my PC with Zumocast. the 32 would be a convenience since I could store movies onto it when I travel. If I were to purchase the 2 I would definitely purchase the 32, about $680 with taxes. It's a $240 savings but I'm not sure if it's worth it?
Well if anything I could stream all of my content from my PC with Zumocast. the 32 would be a convenience since I could store movies onto it when I travel. If I were to purchase the 2 I would definitely purchase the 32, about $680 with taxes. It's a $240 savings but I'm not sure if it's worth it?
inguatu
Jun 25, 06:45 AM
+1 That is is kind of "Think Different" Apple should be encouraging!
I was more thinking along the lines of why Apple is suddenly putting SD card readers into several models. They are usually driving new technologies (or ignoring them), not catching up. SD cards have been around for a while now. Why is Apple choosing now to start adding SD card readers. And, in the case of the Mini - on the back.
Cheers
Not sure how Apple is thinking any differently? People give them way too much credit.
I'm assuming Apple is finally yielding to pressure from the professional community as well as hobbyists since most PCs and laptops these days ship with SD ports. Apple realized they finally needed to catch up with the times. Although, they're still not resting on their "no BluRay" laurels in order to "encourage" people to use iTune$ to buy, stream and watch HD content (minus the extras only found on BluRay).
I was more thinking along the lines of why Apple is suddenly putting SD card readers into several models. They are usually driving new technologies (or ignoring them), not catching up. SD cards have been around for a while now. Why is Apple choosing now to start adding SD card readers. And, in the case of the Mini - on the back.
Cheers
Not sure how Apple is thinking any differently? People give them way too much credit.
I'm assuming Apple is finally yielding to pressure from the professional community as well as hobbyists since most PCs and laptops these days ship with SD ports. Apple realized they finally needed to catch up with the times. Although, they're still not resting on their "no BluRay" laurels in order to "encourage" people to use iTune$ to buy, stream and watch HD content (minus the extras only found on BluRay).
WildCowboy
Nov 21, 04:53 PM
I find these comments about the website interesting...I guess we care more about a flashy site than a site that just provides the information on what they do in a simple effective way....
I take it that they are spending their money on developing the chip and not on web design. :p
In the business world, you need to be able to make a good impression. If you have a flashy website and nothing behind it, you're going nowhere. If you have good substance but poor presentation of it, you can still succeed, but it can be a lot harder than if you've got it presented well.
Sitting down for an hour with GoLive would provide them with a much better front door to the world. Starting a tech company is hard, but it's easier if you excel in all areas of your business. And yes, publicity is one of those areas.
I take it that they are spending their money on developing the chip and not on web design. :p
In the business world, you need to be able to make a good impression. If you have a flashy website and nothing behind it, you're going nowhere. If you have good substance but poor presentation of it, you can still succeed, but it can be a lot harder than if you've got it presented well.
Sitting down for an hour with GoLive would provide them with a much better front door to the world. Starting a tech company is hard, but it's easier if you excel in all areas of your business. And yes, publicity is one of those areas.
No comments:
Post a Comment