indyanguy
12-19 06:13 PM
Husband + Wife - 1 Application
Wife - Seperate Appln. ( Will do follow to join incase by chance the first one gets stuck
Can you explain how "follow to join" works? Thanks
Wife - Seperate Appln. ( Will do follow to join incase by chance the first one gets stuck
Can you explain how "follow to join" works? Thanks
wallpaper quot;1984 alfa romeo gtv6quot;,
kewlchap
04-06 01:15 AM
Hello all,
Anyone knows if there is a certain length of time that I need to be employed with my GC sponsor after 485 approval?
I have heard 3-4 months, but I am wondering if there is legal time limit or if this is a "good faith" limit.
Appreciate responses.
Anyone knows if there is a certain length of time that I need to be employed with my GC sponsor after 485 approval?
I have heard 3-4 months, but I am wondering if there is legal time limit or if this is a "good faith" limit.
Appreciate responses.
uma001
05-24 09:44 AM
Here is my case:
MS (computer engg) in US
US IT experience more than 6 years
No TOEFEL ( what native english speaker??)
Worked in high growth technology/employer (I assume)
come under STEM.
My employer is sponsering my green card
How many points will i get??
MS (computer engg) in US
US IT experience more than 6 years
No TOEFEL ( what native english speaker??)
Worked in high growth technology/employer (I assume)
come under STEM.
My employer is sponsering my green card
How many points will i get??
2011 and quot;1984 alfa romeo gtv6quot;

bondgoli007
07-17 03:13 PM
Response from my Fragommen paralegal:
1.Typically how long does DOL take to response to an Audit? Approximately 4 to 7 months.
2.What kind of response can we expect? Will it be an approval or a further Audit? Unknown. We may receive an approval or we may receive a 2nd audit.
3. What % of cases get a further audit after a response is filed to an initial Audit? Every case is different, so can't provide you with a percentage.
I was audited on 6/09 and Fragommen responded on 6/30...No response so far and I have emailed my Fragommen paralegal the following questions;
1. Typically how long does DOL take to respond to an Audit?
2. What kind of response can I expect? Will it be an approval or a further Audit?
3. What % of cases get a further audit after a response is filed to an initial Audit?
I will send out a response when I hear from him.
Side question: Is my Priority date the date when PERM was applied or the date the PERM will be approved?
Thanks.
1.Typically how long does DOL take to response to an Audit? Approximately 4 to 7 months.
2.What kind of response can we expect? Will it be an approval or a further Audit? Unknown. We may receive an approval or we may receive a 2nd audit.
3. What % of cases get a further audit after a response is filed to an initial Audit? Every case is different, so can't provide you with a percentage.
I was audited on 6/09 and Fragommen responded on 6/30...No response so far and I have emailed my Fragommen paralegal the following questions;
1. Typically how long does DOL take to respond to an Audit?
2. What kind of response can I expect? Will it be an approval or a further Audit?
3. What % of cases get a further audit after a response is filed to an initial Audit?
I will send out a response when I hear from him.
Side question: Is my Priority date the date when PERM was applied or the date the PERM will be approved?
Thanks.
more...
jkmc
02-16 11:02 AM
not really, but close.
i-94 expire 10/01/2007. married 09/12/2007. i-485 received by uscis on 11/26/2007.
Hi Surge
You should then consult a lawyer.
i-94 expire 10/01/2007. married 09/12/2007. i-485 received by uscis on 11/26/2007.
Hi Surge
You should then consult a lawyer.
english_august
07-06 08:14 AM
If somebody wants to create a seperate message, release it, I can dig it.
There you go:
http://desicritics.org/2007/07/06/004733.php
There you go:
http://desicritics.org/2007/07/06/004733.php
more...
nousername
03-31 05:47 PM
Your 180 days start from the day your I-94 expired. And yes, 2 weeks or 4 weeks over stay will make a difference. Next time when you enter the country or at the Visa office they might ask you the reason.
You did nit clarify if your partner is a US citizen, PR or visa holder. That might help in giving you some additional advise.
You did nit clarify if your partner is a US citizen, PR or visa holder. That might help in giving you some additional advise.
2010 News: 1984 Alfa Romeo GTV6
vnsriv
11-15 03:50 PM
Hi ,
My 180 days have passed and I have an approved 140. My job was filed in 2002 in EB2 as s/w engg. In this job i moved to project manager in IT. Now I am getting a job offer for an awesome company, nice pay and as a program manager. the role is still in IT but it will be more managing.
Would this be a safe bet to take by choosing AC-21?
Please reply. i need to respond to them in a couple of days....
Pls tell me the name of company. :)
My 180 days have passed and I have an approved 140. My job was filed in 2002 in EB2 as s/w engg. In this job i moved to project manager in IT. Now I am getting a job offer for an awesome company, nice pay and as a program manager. the role is still in IT but it will be more managing.
Would this be a safe bet to take by choosing AC-21?
Please reply. i need to respond to them in a couple of days....
Pls tell me the name of company. :)
more...
Dustinthewind
01-04 10:48 AM
Here you go:
YouTube - Promise Land First Look Teaser (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7b3YogQ06M&hd=1)
I hope we can get a lot of people to watch the film so we can spread more awareness about issues faced by legal immigrants as well.
YouTube - Promise Land First Look Teaser (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7b3YogQ06M&hd=1)
I hope we can get a lot of people to watch the film so we can spread more awareness about issues faced by legal immigrants as well.
hair 1984 GTV6 Maratona
bhasky25
10-11 03:56 PM
Thanks for replying... Appreciate it ....
I believe the 180 days starts from the day of 485 notice date and not 140 approval. I had confirmed this with my attorney (both my personal one and the companies )before making the shift and I had and RFE on my 485 in June 09 and nothing after that. I would assume that USCIS was happy with my response and the case might have been pre-adjudicated.
As per Ron, one cannot apply for H1B renewals based on revoked 140's. I wanted to see if anyone here has done it successfully. I will check with my attorney as well as my companies attorney.
I believe the 180 days starts from the day of 485 notice date and not 140 approval. I had confirmed this with my attorney (both my personal one and the companies )before making the shift and I had and RFE on my 485 in June 09 and nothing after that. I would assume that USCIS was happy with my response and the case might have been pre-adjudicated.
As per Ron, one cannot apply for H1B renewals based on revoked 140's. I wanted to see if anyone here has done it successfully. I will check with my attorney as well as my companies attorney.
more...
chanduv23
04-27 09:16 AM
Not sure how true this is but I got this email from my friend who is also an IV member.
Dear All,
Be Careful At the Indian Airports , This is a well organized conspiracy by Indian Immigration, Police, Customs and Air India staff with networking at all the Indian
International Airports. Be watchful when ever you give your passport to Immigration/ Customs/Air India staff. The pass port can be easily tampered and can create trouble to you. They have found easy way of making money from NRIs. This is the way it works:
At the time of the passenger's departure, if the passenger is not looking at the officer while he is stamping the exit, the officer very cleverly tears away one of the page from the passport. When the passenger leaves the immigration counter, the case is reported on his computer terminal with full details. Now all over India they have got full details of the passenger with Red Flag flashing on the Passport number entered by the departure immigration officer. They have made their money by doing above. On arrival next time, he is interrogated. Subject to the passenger's period of stay abroad, his income and standing etc., the price to get rid of the problem is settled by the Police and Immigration people. If someone argues, his future is spoiled because there are always some innocent fellows who think the honesty is the basis of getting justice in India ..
Please advise every passenger to be careful at the airport. Whenever they hand over the passport to the counters of Air India , or immigration or the customs, they must be vigilant, should not remove eyes from the passport even if the officer in front tries to divert their attention. Also, please pass this information to all friends, media men and important politicians. Every month 20-30 cases are happening all over India to rob the NRIs the minute he lands. Similar case has happened with Aramco's Arifuddin. He was travelling with his family. They had six passports. They got the visa of America and decided to go via Hyderabad from Jeddah. They reached Hyderabad. Stayed about a month and left for the States. When they reached the States, the page of the American visa on his wife's passport
was missing. At the time of departure from Hyderabad it was there, the whole family had to return to Hyderabad helplessly. On arrival at Bombay back, they were caught by the police and now it is over 2 months, they are running after the Police, Immigration officers and the Courts. On going in to details with him, he found out the following: One cannot imagine, neither can believe, that the Indian Immigration dept can play such a nasty game to harass the innocent passengers.
All the passengers travelling to & fro India via Bombay and Hyderabad must be aware of this conspiracy. Every month 15 to 20 cases are taking place, at each mentioned airport, of holding the passengers in the crime of tearing away the passport pages. On interviewing some of them, none of them was aware of what had happened. They don't know why, when and who tore away the page from the middle of the passport. One can imagine the sufferings of such people at the hands of the immigration, police and the court procedures in India after that. The number of cases is increasing in the last 2-3 years. People who are arriving at the immigration, they are questioned and their passports are being held and they have to go in interrogations. Obviously, the conspiracy started about 2 to 3 years ago, now the results are coming. Some of the Air India counter staff too is involved in this conspiracy.
Dear All,
Be Careful At the Indian Airports , This is a well organized conspiracy by Indian Immigration, Police, Customs and Air India staff with networking at all the Indian
International Airports. Be watchful when ever you give your passport to Immigration/ Customs/Air India staff. The pass port can be easily tampered and can create trouble to you. They have found easy way of making money from NRIs. This is the way it works:
At the time of the passenger's departure, if the passenger is not looking at the officer while he is stamping the exit, the officer very cleverly tears away one of the page from the passport. When the passenger leaves the immigration counter, the case is reported on his computer terminal with full details. Now all over India they have got full details of the passenger with Red Flag flashing on the Passport number entered by the departure immigration officer. They have made their money by doing above. On arrival next time, he is interrogated. Subject to the passenger's period of stay abroad, his income and standing etc., the price to get rid of the problem is settled by the Police and Immigration people. If someone argues, his future is spoiled because there are always some innocent fellows who think the honesty is the basis of getting justice in India ..
Please advise every passenger to be careful at the airport. Whenever they hand over the passport to the counters of Air India , or immigration or the customs, they must be vigilant, should not remove eyes from the passport even if the officer in front tries to divert their attention. Also, please pass this information to all friends, media men and important politicians. Every month 20-30 cases are happening all over India to rob the NRIs the minute he lands. Similar case has happened with Aramco's Arifuddin. He was travelling with his family. They had six passports. They got the visa of America and decided to go via Hyderabad from Jeddah. They reached Hyderabad. Stayed about a month and left for the States. When they reached the States, the page of the American visa on his wife's passport
was missing. At the time of departure from Hyderabad it was there, the whole family had to return to Hyderabad helplessly. On arrival at Bombay back, they were caught by the police and now it is over 2 months, they are running after the Police, Immigration officers and the Courts. On going in to details with him, he found out the following: One cannot imagine, neither can believe, that the Indian Immigration dept can play such a nasty game to harass the innocent passengers.
All the passengers travelling to & fro India via Bombay and Hyderabad must be aware of this conspiracy. Every month 15 to 20 cases are taking place, at each mentioned airport, of holding the passengers in the crime of tearing away the passport pages. On interviewing some of them, none of them was aware of what had happened. They don't know why, when and who tore away the page from the middle of the passport. One can imagine the sufferings of such people at the hands of the immigration, police and the court procedures in India after that. The number of cases is increasing in the last 2-3 years. People who are arriving at the immigration, they are questioned and their passports are being held and they have to go in interrogations. Obviously, the conspiracy started about 2 to 3 years ago, now the results are coming. Some of the Air India counter staff too is involved in this conspiracy.
hot a 1984 Alfa Romeo GTV6 3.0
chanduv23
10-09 05:33 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^
more...
house alfa romeo gtv6.
micofrost
07-15 01:54 PM
Well, the first statement is true; the second, however is not. When one starts to work on EAD, his/her status changes to AOS, assuming his/her I-485 is pending. So, in this case, she will no longer be considered being on H4.
You can still work on EAD and maintain your H4 as long as you do not go out of the country. If you go out and enter on AP, then you switch back to AOS, no reporting to USCIS is necessary. But if you can still file I-539 and switch back to H4 again.
But on H4 you can still work on EAD, while maintaining your H4 status.
I would ask everyone , pls be careful while responding to someone's querry. And the person asking should also consult a lawyer. In this case, since I am in the same boat, and the advice came from the lawyer. I just got my spouse H4 extended for another 3 years, the after 6 years extension, while she is working on her EAD.
You can still work on EAD and maintain your H4 as long as you do not go out of the country. If you go out and enter on AP, then you switch back to AOS, no reporting to USCIS is necessary. But if you can still file I-539 and switch back to H4 again.
But on H4 you can still work on EAD, while maintaining your H4 status.
I would ask everyone , pls be careful while responding to someone's querry. And the person asking should also consult a lawyer. In this case, since I am in the same boat, and the advice came from the lawyer. I just got my spouse H4 extended for another 3 years, the after 6 years extension, while she is working on her EAD.
tattoo Alfa Romeo GTV6 Vs Ford Capri 2.8i Twin Test 1984 (7)
camilopino
02-13 05:21 PM
-Legally Ignored
-Living in the Legal Limbo
-When Legal is Worse
-The Path to Citizenship, an American Nightmare
-Freedom as a Green Card
-Freedom as a Dream
-Green Card, an American Nightmare
-The Third Rate Citizens
-Living in the Legal Limbo
-When Legal is Worse
-The Path to Citizenship, an American Nightmare
-Freedom as a Green Card
-Freedom as a Dream
-Green Card, an American Nightmare
-The Third Rate Citizens
more...
pictures 5 of 5 prototypes - Alfa Romeo
martinvisalaw
12-01 06:00 PM
The relevant dates, as I see it, are:
10/06: H-1B ext filed
12/06: H-1B expired, ext still pending
7/07: 485 filed.
??: H-1B ext denied?
Using INA 245k you may be able to argue that you are eligible to adjust because you may not have violated status for over 180 days, or at all, before filing the 485. Recent CIS memos on the issue of unlawful presence and related topics have made this a very complicated subject, so you really need to review the entire history with an immigration attorney in a formal consultation.
10/06: H-1B ext filed
12/06: H-1B expired, ext still pending
7/07: 485 filed.
??: H-1B ext denied?
Using INA 245k you may be able to argue that you are eligible to adjust because you may not have violated status for over 180 days, or at all, before filing the 485. Recent CIS memos on the issue of unlawful presence and related topics have made this a very complicated subject, so you really need to review the entire history with an immigration attorney in a formal consultation.
dresses 1983 Alfa Romeo GTV6
kartikiran
07-31 12:00 PM
when I am not even able to enjoy the humor present in this thread...
Waiting since March 25th 2002...:(
Waiting since March 25th 2002...:(
more...
makeup 1986 Alfa Romeo Gtv6. Alfa

amdn123
06-13 09:00 AM
Wow, this is news to me. Could you please clarify something, logiclife? I apply to another company, who gets me a 3 year H1B before my 6th year starts. Do I need to request my old company to keep my PERM and I-140 alive until the I-485 is filed and approved? I thought the only way to move to another company was after 3 months of applying for I-485. Thanks for the advice!
First of all, make sure you double check everything I say here with an immigration lawyer. I am not an immigration lawyer and my knowledge is based on forums like these.
Ok.
You still have another 2 months before you begin the last year of your initial 6-year H1 term.
If you new employer is willing to do H1, then FILE H1 as soon as possible. You will get a 3 year H1 term with your new employer based on your current 140 that is approved(with your current employer). The thing is - beyond the 6th year, you can get 3 year extensions of H1 if your 140 is approved(with someone, anyone, it doesnt have to be your employer at that time). Now, if you quit your current employer and go with new one and you end up getting only 1 year H1 with the new employer(in case if you cannot somehow use your current approved 140 to get a 3 year H1), then its still ok. But have your new employer start the new GC's labor right away. That way, you will have 365 days passed when your 6 year term is over in Aug 2007, making you eligible for 7th year of H1. This is very important.
Yes, if your old employer is going to withdraw your labor and 140, then your new employer will have to start GC from scratch. That begins with PERM labor. If you file under EB2, I think you can still transfer your priority date from your old EB3 labor and 140 to new EB2 process. (however, better make sure from a lawyer).
First of all, make sure you double check everything I say here with an immigration lawyer. I am not an immigration lawyer and my knowledge is based on forums like these.
Ok.
You still have another 2 months before you begin the last year of your initial 6-year H1 term.
If you new employer is willing to do H1, then FILE H1 as soon as possible. You will get a 3 year H1 term with your new employer based on your current 140 that is approved(with your current employer). The thing is - beyond the 6th year, you can get 3 year extensions of H1 if your 140 is approved(with someone, anyone, it doesnt have to be your employer at that time). Now, if you quit your current employer and go with new one and you end up getting only 1 year H1 with the new employer(in case if you cannot somehow use your current approved 140 to get a 3 year H1), then its still ok. But have your new employer start the new GC's labor right away. That way, you will have 365 days passed when your 6 year term is over in Aug 2007, making you eligible for 7th year of H1. This is very important.
Yes, if your old employer is going to withdraw your labor and 140, then your new employer will have to start GC from scratch. That begins with PERM labor. If you file under EB2, I think you can still transfer your priority date from your old EB3 labor and 140 to new EB2 process. (however, better make sure from a lawyer).
girlfriend alfa romeo gtv6.
reno_john
06-16 02:02 AM
If you read the instructions for I-485, nowhere does it require you to be on a non immigrant visa, with dual intent, to apply for I-485.
I tried to read the instructions from the standpoint of a student, and I did not find anything that says I cannot apply to adjust status. All they want is proof of your status and admission.
Also, we have someone in our company who will go for Eb1, and is on OPT (which is not a status, F1 is). He was told that he can apply for I-140!
Any F1 visa spouse can apply for I-485 the only legal cause is that at the time of filing spouse status should be legal, found from my attorney.
As per my knowledge when I was a student, the internation center updates the Sevis database and also writes on the I-20 that the student is accepting OPT and so a EAD needs to be issued. And on the EAD it will mention that the EAD is for OPT, so EAD for I485 is differect from EAD for OPT.
I tried to read the instructions from the standpoint of a student, and I did not find anything that says I cannot apply to adjust status. All they want is proof of your status and admission.
Also, we have someone in our company who will go for Eb1, and is on OPT (which is not a status, F1 is). He was told that he can apply for I-140!
Any F1 visa spouse can apply for I-485 the only legal cause is that at the time of filing spouse status should be legal, found from my attorney.
As per my knowledge when I was a student, the internation center updates the Sevis database and also writes on the I-20 that the student is accepting OPT and so a EAD needs to be issued. And on the EAD it will mention that the EAD is for OPT, so EAD for I485 is differect from EAD for OPT.
hairstyles 1985 Alfa Romeo Gtv6
saurav_4096
06-16 10:00 PM
How does AC21 will come into play when a person files I-485 with the letter from employer that employment will be availabe once green card is issued.
Does person has to join the employer after green card is issued ? As Green card will be availabe only after 180 days of filing.
Gurus, if someone knows such please reply.
Thanks
Saurav
Does person has to join the employer after green card is issued ? As Green card will be availabe only after 180 days of filing.
Gurus, if someone knows such please reply.
Thanks
Saurav
jettu77
07-17 06:40 PM
So, they were decided on July 13th itself...
Department of State Publication 9514
CA/VO:July 13, 2007
Department of State Publication 9514
CA/VO:July 13, 2007
mrajatish
09-18 10:12 AM
Friends,
I had created this thread to share ideas on what we can do, given the grim situation we are in. I will really appreciate if others come up with ideas and make it part of this thread.
I had created this thread to share ideas on what we can do, given the grim situation we are in. I will really appreciate if others come up with ideas and make it part of this thread.
No comments:
Post a Comment