
CatsintheCraddle
05-04 03:31 PM
Thanks for the reply. You're right, emotion or logic has nothing to do with USCIS:):)http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
I don't have the letter with me but the denial is based on a law pertaining to me only submitting a partial answer to their request. How true that is is up to debate as my cosponsor says no but really, it doesn't matter what we say when the USCIS say something different.
We will not be getting a lawyer, we cannot afford that right now but we will probably file for the motion to reopen my case. I have a somewhat good understanding of what I need to do but not sure how successful we will be. Hopefully, they will accept our fee waiver form becuase we probably won't be sending them money. We would still like to know if anyone has tried to have their case reopened and how long it took and how it went.
I don't have the letter with me but the denial is based on a law pertaining to me only submitting a partial answer to their request. How true that is is up to debate as my cosponsor says no but really, it doesn't matter what we say when the USCIS say something different.
We will not be getting a lawyer, we cannot afford that right now but we will probably file for the motion to reopen my case. I have a somewhat good understanding of what I need to do but not sure how successful we will be. Hopefully, they will accept our fee waiver form becuase we probably won't be sending them money. We would still like to know if anyone has tried to have their case reopened and how long it took and how it went.
wallpaper lebron james mom and delonte
gbof
02-26 02:47 PM
Hello,
I came here as F1 visa but I'm out of stutus now. Here is some background:
I came here in september 2006 as F1 visa. I took 2 english quaters at the university then tranfer to another school in april 2007 ( Let calls them MSU). MSU gave me I 20 and it expried on March 2010. But due to financial problem, I did not register class at MSU after april 2007 so I was out of status. After that, I started register class at MSU in september 2008 and stoped in april 2009. I did not register any class after april 2009. I talked to my advicesor and she said, since I have been in school on and off so no matter that i went back to school some, I still out of stutus.
I have been my boyfriend for almost 3 years now and we want to get married ( He is an US citizen). I really dont know if i will get trouble because of my stutus or where to start? like what files do we have to fill, etc....
Any advice would be appreciate! Thank you so much for your time!
Both desi3933 and deechi are right.
on the side: You intend doing a course in English (may be to do a job). Your english tells all you care for english. You sure need to improve your english... even in an informal set up
I came here as F1 visa but I'm out of stutus now. Here is some background:
I came here in september 2006 as F1 visa. I took 2 english quaters at the university then tranfer to another school in april 2007 ( Let calls them MSU). MSU gave me I 20 and it expried on March 2010. But due to financial problem, I did not register class at MSU after april 2007 so I was out of status. After that, I started register class at MSU in september 2008 and stoped in april 2009. I did not register any class after april 2009. I talked to my advicesor and she said, since I have been in school on and off so no matter that i went back to school some, I still out of stutus.
I have been my boyfriend for almost 3 years now and we want to get married ( He is an US citizen). I really dont know if i will get trouble because of my stutus or where to start? like what files do we have to fill, etc....
Any advice would be appreciate! Thank you so much for your time!
Both desi3933 and deechi are right.
on the side: You intend doing a course in English (may be to do a job). Your english tells all you care for english. You sure need to improve your english... even in an informal set up
glus
01-03 10:15 AM
You will need to switch to an F1 (Student Visa). You cannot enroll for a full time MBA course on an H1. The college you enroll in will insist on an F1.
As for the GC application, it is for future employment. Meaning that if you company is willing to hire you back once you get your GC and they don't withdraw the I-140, then the application can continue.
However, I think that if and when yr GC gets approved, you will mostly likely have to abandon full time studies and go back to working full time for yr company right away. I only think this and I'm not sure.
Hello,
Respectfully, but Yinzak is incorrect. While working for a law office, we researched the issue for a client. There is a memo issued by uscis many years ago. There is NOTHING in INA that says that a person on H-1B visa or status can't attend college and the memo states that as long as attendance to college is "incidental" to the H-1B, not a problem. As such, if a person Maintains H-1B employment, and all the H-1B requirements continue to exist, one can attend college part of full time. In fact, some colleges offer in-state tuition for H-1B applicants. Changing to F-1 is impossible because of immigrant intent showed by GC petition pending for this person.
Brooklyn college is one that offers in-state tuition for H-1s and does not require change in status at all.
As for the GC application, it is for future employment. Meaning that if you company is willing to hire you back once you get your GC and they don't withdraw the I-140, then the application can continue.
However, I think that if and when yr GC gets approved, you will mostly likely have to abandon full time studies and go back to working full time for yr company right away. I only think this and I'm not sure.
Hello,
Respectfully, but Yinzak is incorrect. While working for a law office, we researched the issue for a client. There is a memo issued by uscis many years ago. There is NOTHING in INA that says that a person on H-1B visa or status can't attend college and the memo states that as long as attendance to college is "incidental" to the H-1B, not a problem. As such, if a person Maintains H-1B employment, and all the H-1B requirements continue to exist, one can attend college part of full time. In fact, some colleges offer in-state tuition for H-1B applicants. Changing to F-1 is impossible because of immigrant intent showed by GC petition pending for this person.
Brooklyn college is one that offers in-state tuition for H-1s and does not require change in status at all.
2011 delonte west gloria james
gc_on_demand
05-28 11:39 AM
If they approved your I485 before you get married then only way left for your wife is H1b or another visa. ( not Student visa ) you cannot apply for her gc if she is on F1 ( F1 is not dual intent visa ) .
If they approve GC then current family category takes 5-6 years F2A category . OR u can become citizen and file which is also 6-7 year from day u get ur gc.
BUT given trend it is very riskey to withdraw I 485. People donot get even chance to apply for I 485. You will be back on line in this mess.
Choise it yours..
If they approve GC then current family category takes 5-6 years F2A category . OR u can become citizen and file which is also 6-7 year from day u get ur gc.
BUT given trend it is very riskey to withdraw I 485. People donot get even chance to apply for I 485. You will be back on line in this mess.
Choise it yours..
more...
riteshc@gmail.com
09-05 05:52 PM
My company lawyers have been preparing for the last 5 months to file for my PERM application. After completing the recruitment stage and getting ready to file, they for some reason have come to the conclusion that the high number of resumes received could land the company in trouble for this case plus future applications.
Has anybody seen this before. Is there any precedence that a company that receives large number of resumes for the position might cause issues? Even if they have done the due diligence to review all resumes and interview candidates that they deemed fit? Still not finding anybody worthwhile?
Any comments/ assistance would be most appreciated.
Thanks
Has anybody seen this before. Is there any precedence that a company that receives large number of resumes for the position might cause issues? Even if they have done the due diligence to review all resumes and interview candidates that they deemed fit? Still not finding anybody worthwhile?
Any comments/ assistance would be most appreciated.
Thanks
Prashanthi
07-30 06:25 PM
My kids and I got our I485 (EB2 I PD 2005) approval in July 2008 and my wife's case was sent for Interview which we attended in December when they asked to redo the medicals. Medicals were submitted to them after which the case has gone "dead".
Questions :
1. What is the Immigration status of my wife during this time? Her H4 (which would have been nulled due to my AOS anyway) in December.
She has Advance Parole and EAD but everyday we are worried about challenges ranging from not being able to buy life insurance for her at competitive rates (she has been declined due to THIS immigration status), Drivers license renewal coming up. We havent been able to travel freely as a family outside the country due to the fact that AP is for emergency travel only.
2. What will happen to her case if something happens and I pass away while she is waiting?
3. Do I have to wait for my earlier PD (2005) to become current again before she gets approval. The way it is going with retrogression my kids and I may get citizenship before she gets her greencard.
4. Will writing to a congressman / senator help? It is really having a significant impact on our lives as a virtually "broken family".
Your help would be much appreciated.
First of all, lets hope nothing happens to you. At this time i suggest waiting, something might come up later this year or early next year with reference to making use of unused visa numbers, if this happens, your wifes date will become current and her I-485 will get approved. Unfortunately the petition dies with the petitioner. However in the case of family based I-130 petitions, The Attorney General may in his discretion reinstate the approval of your family-based visa. The Attorney General may exercise favorable discretion where "for humanitarian reasons revocation would be inappropriate." 8 C.RR. Sec. 205.1(a)(3)(i)(C).
Questions :
1. What is the Immigration status of my wife during this time? Her H4 (which would have been nulled due to my AOS anyway) in December.
She has Advance Parole and EAD but everyday we are worried about challenges ranging from not being able to buy life insurance for her at competitive rates (she has been declined due to THIS immigration status), Drivers license renewal coming up. We havent been able to travel freely as a family outside the country due to the fact that AP is for emergency travel only.
2. What will happen to her case if something happens and I pass away while she is waiting?
3. Do I have to wait for my earlier PD (2005) to become current again before she gets approval. The way it is going with retrogression my kids and I may get citizenship before she gets her greencard.
4. Will writing to a congressman / senator help? It is really having a significant impact on our lives as a virtually "broken family".
Your help would be much appreciated.
First of all, lets hope nothing happens to you. At this time i suggest waiting, something might come up later this year or early next year with reference to making use of unused visa numbers, if this happens, your wifes date will become current and her I-485 will get approved. Unfortunately the petition dies with the petitioner. However in the case of family based I-130 petitions, The Attorney General may in his discretion reinstate the approval of your family-based visa. The Attorney General may exercise favorable discretion where "for humanitarian reasons revocation would be inappropriate." 8 C.RR. Sec. 205.1(a)(3)(i)(C).
more...
sp99
08-18 02:38 PM
And for contract yes they have 1 year contract though they didn't send me any documentation for that ...but it is like if u break within 1 year u will need to pay $20 for the remaining months..they say they will cut from my credit card everymonth...
2010 delonte west gloria james
Akia
03-24 11:00 AM
It's complicated. An employer cannot ask you to repay any of the Training Fee ($1500 or $750 if under 25 employees). You cannot pay any of the rest of the costs if paying those costs brings your salary below the "prevailing wage" or "actual wage" for the position.
As regards whether a reimbursement agreement is enforceable - it depends on state law.
Does this mean that if my salary is higher than the "prevailing wage" by more than $320, the employer can legally ask me to reimburse the $320 filing fee? I have searched very hard but could not find any memo/doc regarding this.
As regards whether a reimbursement agreement is enforceable - it depends on state law.
Does this mean that if my salary is higher than the "prevailing wage" by more than $320, the employer can legally ask me to reimburse the $320 filing fee? I have searched very hard but could not find any memo/doc regarding this.
more...
indio0617
07-11 02:22 PM
/\/\/\/\/\
hair LeBron James Magazine
stucklabor
07-26 02:59 PM
See original A.P. story below.
Copyright 2005 Associated Press
All Rights Reserved
The Associated Press
April 15, 2005, Friday, BC cycle
SECTION: Washington Dateline
LENGTH: 550 words
HEADLINE: Senate agrees to votes on immigration measures
BYLINE: By SUZANNE GAMBOA, Associated Press Writer
DATELINE: WASHINGTON
BODY:
Senate Republicans and Democrats worked out a deal Friday on how to handle immigration issues attached to a measure paying for U.S. operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.
The immigration measures spilled into the Senate's debate over an $80.6 billion military spending bill after the House included measures in its version to deny driver's licenses to illegal immigrants and make it harder for foreigners to stay in the United States on claims of asylum.
Under the deal, the Senate will vote Tuesday on three immigration measures. Each would require 60 votes to survive, including one sponsored by Democrat Sen. Barbara Mikulski that would give temporary visas to migrant crab pickers and oyster shuckers in time for Maryland's seafood season.
Another by Sen. Larry Craig, R-Idaho, would provide workers for the agricultural industry. It has support from growers and farm worker advocates, but it faces opposition for providing legal status to some workers.
Sen. Saxby Chambliss, R-Ga., said he opposes using the military spending bill to address immigration, but he is proposing an alternative to Craig's measure. Co-sponsored by Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Ariz, it doesn't include the legal residency provision.
"While reforms are needed to provide a legal way to meet our agricultural labor needs, we must also remove incentives for illegal immigration and put stricter provisions in place for seasonal workers coming across our borders," Chambliss said.
Majority Leader Bill Frist, R-Tenn., the White House and other Republicans had pleaded with senators to keep immigration off the spending bill and address them later in comprehensive immigration legislation.
Democrats refused, saying it was because Frist wouldn't commit to opposing the immigration provisions in the House version when negotiators try to blend the two.
"The only reason we have these Democrat and Republican amendments dealing with immigration is because it was placed in the bill by the Republicans," said Democratic leader Harry Reid of Nevada. He said the immigration bills being offered are a "tiny speck" of the immigration problems the country faces.
Mikulski defended her measure to provide Maryland seafood processors and other businesses with more seasonal workers hired through the H2B visa program, saying "the cat was already out of the bag on immigration." Businesses are limited to 66,000 H2B workers a year, and that ceiling was reached Jan. 3.
"Republican leadership has been stalling on this bill by not allowing votes on amendments like mine. I have brought people to the table to vote on this because Maryland's small businesses need help now," Mikulski said.
The House's Iraq spending bill includes the immigration measures its Judiciary Committee chairman, Rep. James Sensenbrenner, R-Wis., wanted in the intelligence reorganization bill President Bush signed in December. He withdrew the provisions back then after House and Senate leaders promised he could attach them to the first major legislation likely to make it to Bush's desk.
They are almost universally opposed by Senate Democrats but also by state motor vehicle commissioners, some GOP senators and religious groups who say people fleeing persecution would be harmed.
Copyright 2005 Associated Press
All Rights Reserved
The Associated Press
April 15, 2005, Friday, BC cycle
SECTION: Washington Dateline
LENGTH: 550 words
HEADLINE: Senate agrees to votes on immigration measures
BYLINE: By SUZANNE GAMBOA, Associated Press Writer
DATELINE: WASHINGTON
BODY:
Senate Republicans and Democrats worked out a deal Friday on how to handle immigration issues attached to a measure paying for U.S. operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.
The immigration measures spilled into the Senate's debate over an $80.6 billion military spending bill after the House included measures in its version to deny driver's licenses to illegal immigrants and make it harder for foreigners to stay in the United States on claims of asylum.
Under the deal, the Senate will vote Tuesday on three immigration measures. Each would require 60 votes to survive, including one sponsored by Democrat Sen. Barbara Mikulski that would give temporary visas to migrant crab pickers and oyster shuckers in time for Maryland's seafood season.
Another by Sen. Larry Craig, R-Idaho, would provide workers for the agricultural industry. It has support from growers and farm worker advocates, but it faces opposition for providing legal status to some workers.
Sen. Saxby Chambliss, R-Ga., said he opposes using the military spending bill to address immigration, but he is proposing an alternative to Craig's measure. Co-sponsored by Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Ariz, it doesn't include the legal residency provision.
"While reforms are needed to provide a legal way to meet our agricultural labor needs, we must also remove incentives for illegal immigration and put stricter provisions in place for seasonal workers coming across our borders," Chambliss said.
Majority Leader Bill Frist, R-Tenn., the White House and other Republicans had pleaded with senators to keep immigration off the spending bill and address them later in comprehensive immigration legislation.
Democrats refused, saying it was because Frist wouldn't commit to opposing the immigration provisions in the House version when negotiators try to blend the two.
"The only reason we have these Democrat and Republican amendments dealing with immigration is because it was placed in the bill by the Republicans," said Democratic leader Harry Reid of Nevada. He said the immigration bills being offered are a "tiny speck" of the immigration problems the country faces.
Mikulski defended her measure to provide Maryland seafood processors and other businesses with more seasonal workers hired through the H2B visa program, saying "the cat was already out of the bag on immigration." Businesses are limited to 66,000 H2B workers a year, and that ceiling was reached Jan. 3.
"Republican leadership has been stalling on this bill by not allowing votes on amendments like mine. I have brought people to the table to vote on this because Maryland's small businesses need help now," Mikulski said.
The House's Iraq spending bill includes the immigration measures its Judiciary Committee chairman, Rep. James Sensenbrenner, R-Wis., wanted in the intelligence reorganization bill President Bush signed in December. He withdrew the provisions back then after House and Senate leaders promised he could attach them to the first major legislation likely to make it to Bush's desk.
They are almost universally opposed by Senate Democrats but also by state motor vehicle commissioners, some GOP senators and religious groups who say people fleeing persecution would be harmed.
more...
dixie
02-12 07:36 PM
Also do you know which is more difficult to get approved EB3 or EB2 without raising any red flags ? I am trying to understand which one is safe to play.
EB3 is generally easier to pass scrutiny at the I-140 stage. If you are from ROW, however, switching to EB2 has a HUGE advantage - you are talking of the difference between waiting at 3-4 years to get even an EAD card and potentially getting your GC in an year (EB2 ROW).
If you are from India, there is no significant benefit to switching. The only difference is the date on which the PD is stuck - whether it is April 2001 or Jan 2003, the dates are going to remain there for the next decade absent CIR/SKILL. If CIR/SKILL does get passed, both will likely become current. Either way, you don't gain much although I see an inexplicable rush from EB3 India folks to jump to the EB2 bandwagon.
EB3 is generally easier to pass scrutiny at the I-140 stage. If you are from ROW, however, switching to EB2 has a HUGE advantage - you are talking of the difference between waiting at 3-4 years to get even an EAD card and potentially getting your GC in an year (EB2 ROW).
If you are from India, there is no significant benefit to switching. The only difference is the date on which the PD is stuck - whether it is April 2001 or Jan 2003, the dates are going to remain there for the next decade absent CIR/SKILL. If CIR/SKILL does get passed, both will likely become current. Either way, you don't gain much although I see an inexplicable rush from EB3 India folks to jump to the EB2 bandwagon.
hot sprinkles clipart, Delonte
purplehazea
05-11 01:31 PM
I spelled out the problems as much as I could with the limited time I had! I spoke as Amit, Irvine CA
I really hope they put it out there. And just for my satisfaction there was an illegal who got legalized via 245i before me so that I could question the backlog these people add!
I really hope they put it out there. And just for my satisfaction there was an illegal who got legalized via 245i before me so that I could question the backlog these people add!
more...
house Delonte West is a 26-year-old
desi3933
12-07 04:58 PM
.....
55 lakhs is too high for a person who has only 6 years of US experience.
Not really .... My brother worked in India for 3 years and worked here in US for 5 years before moving back to India and he is earning good too.
Salary for any job depends on lot of factors. How one negotiates is a key factor.
_________________
Not a legal advice.
55 lakhs is too high for a person who has only 6 years of US experience.
Not really .... My brother worked in India for 3 years and worked here in US for 5 years before moving back to India and he is earning good too.
Salary for any job depends on lot of factors. How one negotiates is a key factor.
_________________
Not a legal advice.
tattoo Gloria James Slap Victim
calaway42
10-03 11:34 PM
This is the tute i was talking about..
http://robouk.mchost.com/tuts/tutorial.php?tutorial=pxbevals
http://robouk.mchost.com/tuts/tutorial.php?tutorial=pxbevals
more...
pictures LeBron James#39; mother Gloria
raysaikat
07-12 01:01 PM
Situation:
Currently working full time on H1-B with I-140 approved already with company A. Cannot file 485 due to retrogression.
Want to work with company B part time,but need to file another H1-B part time.
My question is:
Will filling for a 2nd H1-B for comapny B (part time) without talking to the lawyer of Company A affect my first H1-B in anyway what so ever. Or are the 2 cases entirely separate and will not be linked by USCIS. Thanks in advance for assisting me on this situation.
You will have to provide proof of your current H1-B status so that the concurrent H1-B can be issued as cap-exempt. There is no official need to let the first company know about the second H1-B. However I do not know if the first company could/would come to know about it at a later date.
Currently working full time on H1-B with I-140 approved already with company A. Cannot file 485 due to retrogression.
Want to work with company B part time,but need to file another H1-B part time.
My question is:
Will filling for a 2nd H1-B for comapny B (part time) without talking to the lawyer of Company A affect my first H1-B in anyway what so ever. Or are the 2 cases entirely separate and will not be linked by USCIS. Thanks in advance for assisting me on this situation.
You will have to provide proof of your current H1-B status so that the concurrent H1-B can be issued as cap-exempt. There is no official need to let the first company know about the second H1-B. However I do not know if the first company could/would come to know about it at a later date.
dresses lebron james mother pic.
nanneh
05-11 06:52 AM
FYI check out http://yourmaninindia.com site as well. They provide some good services like getting BC for you etc.
Thank you amslonewolf
Thank you amslonewolf
more...
makeup Video Footage: Lebron James
GCwaitforever
06-30 06:01 PM
Should not the mere fact of finding a substitute person for the labor petition invalidate the labor petition itself? The idea of labor petition meant to indicate non-availability of local talent (which includes H-1Bs already present?)... This is a contradiction in substitute labor petitions.
girlfriend Delonte West Denies Having Sex
goel_ar
12-21 11:29 AM
Thanks for responding.
Is it even true when H1 was supposed to be effective October Ist? I understand that I got new I-94 on Jun 30,2008 but with effective date of Oct 1, 2008; so I understand that my H1 status will be effective in system on october 1st, not before that?
Anyways, I have an infopass appointment on Tuesday & see how it goes.
It is quite confusing.. I think going to Canada/mexico is risky as I don't have any paystubs on H1, so going to my home country (india) might be the only option.
Does anyone know how long does it take for Change of Status application (i-539) to get approved? The processing date at Vermont Center shows it as "Feb 2008" right now.
Thanks,
AG
Goel_ar,
Your manner of last entry is the status that you are currently on. Thats a fact.
This is most probably what happened in your case. You were first on H-4, then H-1 got approved in June'08. In the H-1 approval notice, did you get an I-94 attached at the bottom. If yes, then your status changed to H-1 automatically. Now, since you got back into the country in Sept'08 on H-4, it changed back to H-4.
Either you have to go to a consulate aboard and get H-1 stamp and enter using H-1 visa. Or apply for change of status within the country. However, whenever you leave the country, you will have to apply for H-1 visa stamp and use it later to enter.
Hope it helps.
Is it even true when H1 was supposed to be effective October Ist? I understand that I got new I-94 on Jun 30,2008 but with effective date of Oct 1, 2008; so I understand that my H1 status will be effective in system on october 1st, not before that?
Anyways, I have an infopass appointment on Tuesday & see how it goes.
It is quite confusing.. I think going to Canada/mexico is risky as I don't have any paystubs on H1, so going to my home country (india) might be the only option.
Does anyone know how long does it take for Change of Status application (i-539) to get approved? The processing date at Vermont Center shows it as "Feb 2008" right now.
Thanks,
AG
Goel_ar,
Your manner of last entry is the status that you are currently on. Thats a fact.
This is most probably what happened in your case. You were first on H-4, then H-1 got approved in June'08. In the H-1 approval notice, did you get an I-94 attached at the bottom. If yes, then your status changed to H-1 automatically. Now, since you got back into the country in Sept'08 on H-4, it changed back to H-4.
Either you have to go to a consulate aboard and get H-1 stamp and enter using H-1 visa. Or apply for change of status within the country. However, whenever you leave the country, you will have to apply for H-1 visa stamp and use it later to enter.
Hope it helps.
hairstyles Trust me T..she#39;s no Gloria
bbct
02-01 03:13 PM
Thanks for each on every one of you!
some gave me red, its ok.
I had a problem which I though of sharing, may be some one could provide some insight.
It may be my bad that I have posted in wrong thread, but that does not have to mean to give red.
But any ways, for every one who gave red and for every who did leave a message, I thank each and every one of you and wish you good luck on getting your GC.
Could you please share the city and apartment complex name so other people are aware and would be careful in moving?
some gave me red, its ok.
I had a problem which I though of sharing, may be some one could provide some insight.
It may be my bad that I have posted in wrong thread, but that does not have to mean to give red.
But any ways, for every one who gave red and for every who did leave a message, I thank each and every one of you and wish you good luck on getting your GC.
Could you please share the city and apartment complex name so other people are aware and would be careful in moving?
chanduv23
05-11 10:17 AM
I sincerely think that the reason why various immigration agencies are getting away with 'doing nothing' for Legal immigrants is because media does not discuss the backlogs in the immigration system. If we can focus on some really shocking statistics....data...and request some reasonable media personnel to discuss and take up as a story...it would be more helpful than all flower campaigns...and other forms of protests. I wrote to Fareed Zakaria today and you can do so as well. We can try other famous personalities on CNN such as Soledad O�Brien. If you know anybody on the Fox News side who might sympathize and investigate the issue, try them as well. Every media and politicians bracket us in the same group as illegals or fraud H1Bs...that image needs to change before something can happen...its absolutely bizarre and immoral in my opinion when the head of DHS cannot go to congress and say that there is an unfair situation for Legal Immigrants from India/China in the immigration system and she needs temporary assistance in fixing the system. Sec of State and Head of DHS surely have the authority to refer an unfair situation in the congress for a temporary legislative solution until the CIR is addressed.
You are missing the actual thing here. Backlogs are there in family based too - so this backlog is not "THEIR" problem - backlog is there because supply is more than demand. The Visa cap was congressionally mandated and when politcians question DHS - they only say - we will improve our efficiency and process applications efficiently - now without a visa number DHS really cannot issue you a green card. All they can do is process your application and keep. Visa number is the last thing in the process and they have to obtain visa numbers from DOS.
Now - the issue for EB applicants being tied up to employer throughout the process is what is creating a difficult situation for us. Over the past 3 years IV has done a lot of lobbying to the effect of doing rallies, admin fixes, grass root lobbying, media drives and helping people in all sorts of issues.
Look - it is not easy to convince people to change laws - because people on the other side do not see things the way we see it. It is all politics and one has to understand how get things done effectively. When you raise voice - the other side comes back with their POV talking about jjob losses, wage depression, fraud etc..
I see people crying and cribbing and blaming everything and everyone for their situation.
What I intend to say is "No one will help you" - YOU HAVE TO HELP YOURSELF
You are missing the actual thing here. Backlogs are there in family based too - so this backlog is not "THEIR" problem - backlog is there because supply is more than demand. The Visa cap was congressionally mandated and when politcians question DHS - they only say - we will improve our efficiency and process applications efficiently - now without a visa number DHS really cannot issue you a green card. All they can do is process your application and keep. Visa number is the last thing in the process and they have to obtain visa numbers from DOS.
Now - the issue for EB applicants being tied up to employer throughout the process is what is creating a difficult situation for us. Over the past 3 years IV has done a lot of lobbying to the effect of doing rallies, admin fixes, grass root lobbying, media drives and helping people in all sorts of issues.
Look - it is not easy to convince people to change laws - because people on the other side do not see things the way we see it. It is all politics and one has to understand how get things done effectively. When you raise voice - the other side comes back with their POV talking about jjob losses, wage depression, fraud etc..
I see people crying and cribbing and blaming everything and everyone for their situation.
What I intend to say is "No one will help you" - YOU HAVE TO HELP YOURSELF
GCNirvana007
10-04 06:08 PM
I've been living in the US for almost 4.5 years now. Last year I was flying from Los Angeles to Las Vegas and the security officer checking the Photo Id./boarding pass at LAX airport asked me the most intelligent question of the century.
"What's the purpose of your visit to Las Vegas?":confused:
I would expect this kind of question at immigration check for international arrivals and not on domestic departures. May be took his job too seriously.
I thought of saying "Gambling, booze and girls" but just answered "Sightseeing" and he let me go :D
I also had a similar experience in Canada where an officer asked the purpose of visit to Canada in spite of showing my Canadian PR card :)
:p:p Thats hilarious
Also a p**** sent me a red for posting this - what a loser
"What's the purpose of your visit to Las Vegas?":confused:
I would expect this kind of question at immigration check for international arrivals and not on domestic departures. May be took his job too seriously.
I thought of saying "Gambling, booze and girls" but just answered "Sightseeing" and he let me go :D
I also had a similar experience in Canada where an officer asked the purpose of visit to Canada in spite of showing my Canadian PR card :)
:p:p Thats hilarious
Also a p**** sent me a red for posting this - what a loser
No comments:
Post a Comment