Whenever I have a new space to decorate, I obsess over it. And when I say obsess, I reallllllly mean it. So you can just imagine how my thoughts are spinning in circles at the prospect of decorating a new house. It's exciting and anxiety inducing all at the same time. My problem really lies in the fact that I like so many different styles of decor that narrowing my options down can be quite a challenge.
Right now, I am thinking about my daughter's bedroom. And my biggest challenge is the color scheme. This is what her current bedroom looked like when I first decorated it.
And then, because I'm an obsessive tweaker, this is what the bed looks like right now. I like the addition of the brown because I think it keeps the color scheme grounded, and makes it a bit more sophisticated.
I do really like it. But you see, I had to work around the existing citrus green walls. They aren't my favorite color. And since we currently live in a rental house, I wasn't allowed to repaint them. They gave me a starting point for a color scheme, however, and I'm happy with what I came up with.
But since we will be allowed to paint in our new rental home, my options are endless. Too. Many. Choices. Recently though, I have been drawn to these rooms by Restoration Hardware Baby & Child. At the heart of it, I just really love neutrals..and these rooms do neutrals so beautifully (with just a hint of soft color) that I am absolute smitten.
What do you think? Do you like lots of color for a child's room...or could you go with neutrals? Oh, the possiblities!
EDITED TO ADD: My dear readers, I think I gave the wrong impression with this post. I realize that decorating my children's rooms is not about my favorite things. That's why once my children are old enough to truly give me their input, I involve them wholeheartedly in the design process. The princess and I have been having numerous discussions about her ideal room and her favorite colors, and ultimately, her choices will be my starting point. But I do obsess over the rooms in my house, and the kids rooms are no exception. That's why we work together. It's more fun that way too! THANKS!
Sunday, June 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment