CaptMurdock
Apr 10, 11:24 AM
I believe the crucial difference is that you believe when government taxes and spends the money on a service, it's better than not taxing at all.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/CaptMurdock/scarecrow_argument.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/CaptMurdock/scarecrow_argument.jpg
johnnyturbouk
Apr 8, 12:21 AM
I hope they do this in the next iPhone- the thunderbolt speed.
if they pushin back the release date of the ip5, they really dont have an excuse - unless they back-tracking now and lookin at usb3 with freah zeal :rolleyes:
if they pushin back the release date of the ip5, they really dont have an excuse - unless they back-tracking now and lookin at usb3 with freah zeal :rolleyes:

ciTiger
May 2, 06:02 PM
Quality control instead of different materials? That's even worse...

-Jeff
Oct 26, 02:41 PM
Port Audition to the Mac already
I agree! Audition is a much better audio editor than the ones in Logic Pro and Sountrack -- and I have hundreds of hours on each of those applications.
This news gives me hope that Audition will be ported to the Mac.
I agree! Audition is a much better audio editor than the ones in Logic Pro and Sountrack -- and I have hundreds of hours on each of those applications.
This news gives me hope that Audition will be ported to the Mac.
more...
ImAlwaysRight
Nov 2, 10:10 AM
In ten years from now, expect the Mac OS to have 98% of the market share and a paperweight will be more valuable than any Windows PC. :D
japanime
Nov 11, 03:08 AM
Omoshiroi!
more...
DeSnousa
Apr 23, 04:22 AM
Okay, I fixed it! I enter in the -advmethods in advanced and that got me one to work on straight away! Apparently this is quite a common problem, so if you're having problems with your Folding@Home, then try that tag and it'll probably work. Now I'm using my full CPU and Folding away!
King Mook Mook
Great to hear you fixed it up and welcome to the team. Your stats will pop up when you complete a unit (allow a few hours after).
Great news for the team :D
King Mook Mook
Great to hear you fixed it up and welcome to the team. Your stats will pop up when you complete a unit (allow a few hours after).
Great news for the team :D
fixyourthinking
Oct 26, 03:05 PM
Only edits lossless not compressed files.
It doesn't edit AACs or MP3s.
It doesn't edit AACs or MP3s.
more...

barenature
Apr 27, 04:17 AM
Thanks for your suggestion, Will.
However, some strange things are going on over here. As I mentioned, I have installed OSX on an external HD (connected via FW800), but my internal HD doesn't even show up in Disc Utility. I assume that my internal HD has gone to heaven.
The new setup (using the external HD) works quite well, but this is of course only a temporary solution.
However, some strange things are going on over here. As I mentioned, I have installed OSX on an external HD (connected via FW800), but my internal HD doesn't even show up in Disc Utility. I assume that my internal HD has gone to heaven.
The new setup (using the external HD) works quite well, but this is of course only a temporary solution.

Squonk
Nov 14, 09:39 AM
i had been expecting something huge like this to come out today... and i'm expecting bigger still...
Right on! Apple is going to mitigate the media flurry around the Zune. "Brownie, you are doing a heck of a job..."
how long till somebody makes an adaptor for the zune to make use of the apple dock connector?
That does get to the heart of the matter doesn't it. The airlines and auto manufactures, and heck the audio industry is not going to want to support multiple interfaces... Will there be a standard? HA! Fat chance. Adapters - maybe. I need the zune to iPod dock port dongle... Wait, I won't need one - I'm a podder.
Right on! Apple is going to mitigate the media flurry around the Zune. "Brownie, you are doing a heck of a job..."
how long till somebody makes an adaptor for the zune to make use of the apple dock connector?
That does get to the heart of the matter doesn't it. The airlines and auto manufactures, and heck the audio industry is not going to want to support multiple interfaces... Will there be a standard? HA! Fat chance. Adapters - maybe. I need the zune to iPod dock port dongle... Wait, I won't need one - I'm a podder.
more...
CanadaRAM
Sep 17, 04:59 PM
I still don't get how everyone is saying that a glance of eye-contact is "expressing interest", it happens all the time in a lot of different places, one can hardly help it. merchandise or something....this is getting difficult, all just to shop
Based on results Bro' -- whatever it was that she thinks you communicated to her during that 2 seconds caused her to make herself scarce from your vicinity (and you stuck around a while to see if it wasn't just she went back to bring some stock out, right? Face it - you WERE interested.)
Based on results Bro' -- whatever it was that she thinks you communicated to her during that 2 seconds caused her to make herself scarce from your vicinity (and you stuck around a while to see if it wasn't just she went back to bring some stock out, right? Face it - you WERE interested.)
PBF
Apr 12, 05:11 PM
Personally, I chose Verizon over AT&T simply because my new iPad 2 drops no calls. Love the reliability.
more...

DeSnousa
May 14, 06:17 PM
yeah all of those will help. especially that new mac pro. but even then, unless we are more active on this forum, people won't join the team
Very much agree, we have had great new participation for new users, even 100-200 ppd from a user is great and still will help the team out.
Since begining again and having lower points, I have now 2 dangerous enemies that are trying to take me out, stay away daygokid619 and Oculus, I have to admit it really is fun and I will make sure that none of you overtake me so I have recruited my iBook and old P4 to give me an extra 200ppd :eek::p
I might build a system soon as well as my main is getting really old, should be able to afford it in 3-6 months, what do you guys recommend, I am on a thight budget. Thinking an AMD Phenom with 4gb of ram and a Nvidea gtx260?
Very much agree, we have had great new participation for new users, even 100-200 ppd from a user is great and still will help the team out.
Since begining again and having lower points, I have now 2 dangerous enemies that are trying to take me out, stay away daygokid619 and Oculus, I have to admit it really is fun and I will make sure that none of you overtake me so I have recruited my iBook and old P4 to give me an extra 200ppd :eek::p
I might build a system soon as well as my main is getting really old, should be able to afford it in 3-6 months, what do you guys recommend, I am on a thight budget. Thinking an AMD Phenom with 4gb of ram and a Nvidea gtx260?
Eraserhead
Nov 2, 11:16 AM
Apple retail store statistics imply that around 50% of folks purchasing a Mac are new to Mac. ...so new blood appears to be joining the platform.
I'm sure it's not from existing users purchasing new computers, it's just PC geeks getting their knickers in a twist that they cannot insult Mac's anymore.
I'm sure it's not from existing users purchasing new computers, it's just PC geeks getting their knickers in a twist that they cannot insult Mac's anymore.
more...
jackieonasses
Feb 16, 10:38 PM
I apologize if this has been covered before but as a new switcher to the Mac I was wondering if simply dragging a folder from Applications and deleting the preferences are enough for a complete uninstall. From years of working with Windows I've come to expect that programs cannot completely be removed even with uninstallers unless a manual search and destroy is initiated or a cleaner is used. Either the program would leave .dll files in the /system directory or there would be long-lived entries in the windows registry. Do any of these situations exist on the mac or have my years as a Windows user corrupted my thinking? Is there something akin to the registry on OS X? If the program comes with an un-installer, use it. If not Just drag it to the trash. It is done.
kyle
kyle
davidjearly
Dec 18, 10:10 AM
Not half as sad as the machine of mediocrity that is Simon Bloody Cowell's monopoly on our christmas number ones.
So the frig what if a bunch of people want to feel like they've accomplished a small victory by bumping that rubbish off the top spot? It's harmless fun.
Frig? Really? Ok then.
It's not about the small victory and believe me, I have no particular tendency for Joe or the xfactor in general.
The bottom line is that the Christmas number one is a popularity contest. It is meant to be what record is the most popular at that time of year. In recent times, that just happens to be the xfactor winner. Big deal. The sad part is a bunch of people rallying round another (pretty poor) song just to make a point. What is the point exactly? The irony lies in the lyric to the RATM track: '...I don't do what you tell me', all the while trying to tell as many people as possible to buy the RATM track.
So the frig what if a bunch of people want to feel like they've accomplished a small victory by bumping that rubbish off the top spot? It's harmless fun.
Frig? Really? Ok then.
It's not about the small victory and believe me, I have no particular tendency for Joe or the xfactor in general.
The bottom line is that the Christmas number one is a popularity contest. It is meant to be what record is the most popular at that time of year. In recent times, that just happens to be the xfactor winner. Big deal. The sad part is a bunch of people rallying round another (pretty poor) song just to make a point. What is the point exactly? The irony lies in the lyric to the RATM track: '...I don't do what you tell me', all the while trying to tell as many people as possible to buy the RATM track.
more...
Deputy-Dawg
Sep 25, 10:55 PM
Kimberly Clark fought, and lost, the same battle over 'kleenex' becoming a generic noun for facial tissue. Bayer lost it over 'asprin' as the name for sodium acetosalcylate. And there are numerous other examples. All were lost because the owners of the trade name did not vigorously defend their trade name. Apple is doing what it must. Will they suceed? If history is any clue probably not
CANEHDN
Apr 30, 11:14 AM
I downloaded and installed it last night. Ran great. The default settings set everything to "Medium" for my computer. Ran completely smooth. No lag or issues. That game is awesome.

cupcakes2000
Mar 28, 06:04 PM
A EF-s 50 mm lens is 50 mm on a 1.6 camera. A 50mm EF lens on that same camera is similar in image to a 80mm EF-S lens. The reason for the difference comes into play by the amount of the lens the camera is using to record the image and the proximity of the rear element to the camera sensor.
I have a Sigma 10-20mm (EF-s equivalent) for my 7d. It's Focal lenth is 10-20mm. It's field of view is 16-32mm.
If you could fit it on a full frame (which you can't because of the mirror reflex as explained earlier by someone) but if you could,
it would still have a 10-20mm focal length. However it would have an increased depth of field (over the crop) of 10-20mm.
I dont even think you can get that wide on a full frame. I mean you can get a 8-15mm fish eye, but you would have a circular picture at the widest end.
I have a Sigma 10-20mm (EF-s equivalent) for my 7d. It's Focal lenth is 10-20mm. It's field of view is 16-32mm.
If you could fit it on a full frame (which you can't because of the mirror reflex as explained earlier by someone) but if you could,
it would still have a 10-20mm focal length. However it would have an increased depth of field (over the crop) of 10-20mm.
I dont even think you can get that wide on a full frame. I mean you can get a 8-15mm fish eye, but you would have a circular picture at the widest end.
malohkan
Apr 6, 01:50 PM
Many people can't afford to own two vehicles. Car payments, second registration, second inspection, and maintenance on that second vehicle will likely cost more money than just buying more gas.
I don't want to spend money on more than one computer or maintain more than one.
Definitely true. If you need 1 primary device, I can't imagine the iPad would be it. If you need to write long papers or do lots and lots of productivity work and you need 1 device to do it, it seems obvious that it's not going to be the iPad. What irks me is people writing posts about "well it can't be a primary computing device" and I really just want to say "WELL DUH!!"
The iPad has a HUGE market, but it isn't even going after the "primary computing device" market, so why complain or criticize it for not winning that market?
I don't want to spend money on more than one computer or maintain more than one.
Definitely true. If you need 1 primary device, I can't imagine the iPad would be it. If you need to write long papers or do lots and lots of productivity work and you need 1 device to do it, it seems obvious that it's not going to be the iPad. What irks me is people writing posts about "well it can't be a primary computing device" and I really just want to say "WELL DUH!!"
The iPad has a HUGE market, but it isn't even going after the "primary computing device" market, so why complain or criticize it for not winning that market?
iMeowbot
Sep 25, 11:40 PM
Those bots are too dang quick!
I'm a bot with more bots at my beck and call� the grey goo is only a matter of time, meh meh meh.
For fun, here (http://ttabvue.uspto.gov/ttabvue/v?qs=78459101) is a list of the parties who expect to file opposition to the Pod trademark application. They are Secure-It (http://www.secure-it.com/), Varsity Group (http://www.varsitygroup.com/), VNU Media Measurement (Nielsen/Soundscan (http://www.vnu.com/about/companyProfile/mediaMeasurement.html)), TastyBytes (http://www.tastybytessoftware.com), Podfitness (https://www.podfitness.com), and Line 6 (http://www.line6.com/).
I'm a bot with more bots at my beck and call� the grey goo is only a matter of time, meh meh meh.
For fun, here (http://ttabvue.uspto.gov/ttabvue/v?qs=78459101) is a list of the parties who expect to file opposition to the Pod trademark application. They are Secure-It (http://www.secure-it.com/), Varsity Group (http://www.varsitygroup.com/), VNU Media Measurement (Nielsen/Soundscan (http://www.vnu.com/about/companyProfile/mediaMeasurement.html)), TastyBytes (http://www.tastybytessoftware.com), Podfitness (https://www.podfitness.com), and Line 6 (http://www.line6.com/).
ECUpirate44
Apr 7, 06:58 AM
http://blog.iphone-dev.org/
mmomega
Apr 5, 10:40 PM
Sounds like a great idea and who's not all for faster sync times.
I just don't get what people are doing to break connectors. I know the one I use for my phone now is the same cable from my iPod video I bought in '05 and I have large clumsy gorilla fingers.
I just don't get what people are doing to break connectors. I know the one I use for my phone now is the same cable from my iPod video I bought in '05 and I have large clumsy gorilla fingers.
flopticalcube
Mar 12, 03:13 PM
Ha, ha...
HST got you down? :eek:
;)
Just having a little fun with our friends south of the border. I'm actually on the West Coast.
HST got you down? :eek:
;)
Just having a little fun with our friends south of the border. I'm actually on the West Coast.
No comments:
Post a Comment