amulchandra
05-10 02:16 PM
Actually I am using IE.
Thank you
Indira
Thank you
Indira
wallpaper Delonte West Lebron S Mom
MYGCBY2010
07-27 04:37 PM
For getting the Copy of my Labor Certificate, Do I still need to submit the FOIA form to USCIS or should it be submitted to different department. Please advise.
gc28262
07-31 07:42 AM
This company is on the wrong side of the law. Please read H1B laws from DOL(Department of Labor) site.
Employment Law Guide - Workers in Professional and Specialty Occupations (H-1B, H-1B1, and E-3 Visas) (http://www.dol.gov/compliance/guide/h1b.htm)
Employee Rights
H-1B, H-1B1, and E-3 workers are granted a number of rights. The employer must give the worker a copy of the LCA. The employer must pay the worker at least the same wage rate as paid to other employees with similar experience and qualifications or the local prevailing wage for the occupation in the area of employment, whichever is higher. The employer must pay for non-productive time caused by the employer or by the worker's lack of a license or permit. The employer must offer the worker fringe benefits on the same basis as its other employees. Also, the employer may not require the worker to pay a penalty for leaving employment prior to any agreed date. However, this restriction does not preclude the employer from seeking "liquidated damages" pursuant to relevant state law. Liquidated damages are generally estimates stated in a contract of the anticipated damages to the employer caused by the worker's breach of contract.
U.S. workers and job applicants may also have certain rights under the H-1B programs. U.S. workers employed by an H-1B dependent or willful violator employer may not be laid off within 90 days before or after the employer files a USCIS petition to employ an H-1B worker in an essentially equivalent job. In addition, an H-1B dependent employer or willful violator must offer the job to any U.S. worker who applies and is equally or better qualified for the job than the H-1B alien worker. The U.S. Department of Justice has the authority to investigate complaints of failure to hire qualified U.S. workers.
No employer of H-1B, H-1B1, or E-3 workers may intimidate, threaten, blacklist, discharge, or in any other manner discriminate against any employee, former employee, or job applicant for disclosing violations of H-1B, H-1B1, or E-3 provisions or for cooperating in an official investigation of the employer's compliance.
U.S. workers and H-1B/H-1B1/E-3 workers may also examine the public disclosure documents that the employer is required to maintain that provide information about the employer's compliance with the attestation elements.
Complaints about non-compliance with H-1B/H-1B1/E-3 labor standards may be filed with a local Wage and Hour Division office.
U.S. Department of Labor — Wage and Hour Division (WHD) — District Office Locations (http://www.dol.gov/whd/america2.htm)
If you want to complain about this employer, fill in WH4 (http://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://www.dol.gov/whd/forms/wh-4.pdf)form and send it to one of the following offices
Northern New Jersey District Office
US Dept. of Labor
Wage & Hour Division
200 Sheffield Street, Room 102
Mountainside, NJ 07092
Phone:
(908) 317-8611
1-866-4-USWAGE
(1-866-487-9243)
Joseph Petrecca
District Director
Southern New Jersey District Office
US Dept. of Labor
Wage & Hour Division
3131 Princeton Pike, Bldg. 5, Rm. 216
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
Phone:
(609) 538-8310
1-866-4-USWAGE
(1-866-487-9243)
Pat Reilly
District Director
Also let your friends know that it is illegal for the employer to ask money for H1B processing and also making you sign a bond.
Employment Law Guide - Workers in Professional and Specialty Occupations (H-1B, H-1B1, and E-3 Visas) (http://www.dol.gov/compliance/guide/h1b.htm)
Employee Rights
H-1B, H-1B1, and E-3 workers are granted a number of rights. The employer must give the worker a copy of the LCA. The employer must pay the worker at least the same wage rate as paid to other employees with similar experience and qualifications or the local prevailing wage for the occupation in the area of employment, whichever is higher. The employer must pay for non-productive time caused by the employer or by the worker's lack of a license or permit. The employer must offer the worker fringe benefits on the same basis as its other employees. Also, the employer may not require the worker to pay a penalty for leaving employment prior to any agreed date. However, this restriction does not preclude the employer from seeking "liquidated damages" pursuant to relevant state law. Liquidated damages are generally estimates stated in a contract of the anticipated damages to the employer caused by the worker's breach of contract.
U.S. workers and job applicants may also have certain rights under the H-1B programs. U.S. workers employed by an H-1B dependent or willful violator employer may not be laid off within 90 days before or after the employer files a USCIS petition to employ an H-1B worker in an essentially equivalent job. In addition, an H-1B dependent employer or willful violator must offer the job to any U.S. worker who applies and is equally or better qualified for the job than the H-1B alien worker. The U.S. Department of Justice has the authority to investigate complaints of failure to hire qualified U.S. workers.
No employer of H-1B, H-1B1, or E-3 workers may intimidate, threaten, blacklist, discharge, or in any other manner discriminate against any employee, former employee, or job applicant for disclosing violations of H-1B, H-1B1, or E-3 provisions or for cooperating in an official investigation of the employer's compliance.
U.S. workers and H-1B/H-1B1/E-3 workers may also examine the public disclosure documents that the employer is required to maintain that provide information about the employer's compliance with the attestation elements.
Complaints about non-compliance with H-1B/H-1B1/E-3 labor standards may be filed with a local Wage and Hour Division office.
U.S. Department of Labor — Wage and Hour Division (WHD) — District Office Locations (http://www.dol.gov/whd/america2.htm)
If you want to complain about this employer, fill in WH4 (http://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://www.dol.gov/whd/forms/wh-4.pdf)form and send it to one of the following offices
Northern New Jersey District Office
US Dept. of Labor
Wage & Hour Division
200 Sheffield Street, Room 102
Mountainside, NJ 07092
Phone:
(908) 317-8611
1-866-4-USWAGE
(1-866-487-9243)
Joseph Petrecca
District Director
Southern New Jersey District Office
US Dept. of Labor
Wage & Hour Division
3131 Princeton Pike, Bldg. 5, Rm. 216
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
Phone:
(609) 538-8310
1-866-4-USWAGE
(1-866-487-9243)
Pat Reilly
District Director
Also let your friends know that it is illegal for the employer to ask money for H1B processing and also making you sign a bond.
2011 delonte west lebron james mom.
speedo
08-14 07:34 PM
when is your appointment? what city?
more...
sxk
11-24 07:09 PM
I forgot to mention that I also have a valid h1b visa. I don't intend to use my EAD. So in that case if I go back to f1, what will happen to my PD and 485 application?
or is it better to fall back on EAD and continue with education? Please advice!
Optimist578 - can you please let us know what you find out from your attorney?
thanks a lotsxk
I am also searching for directions to the university. But I don't think EAD would allow you to move to full-time student status. EAD is Employment Authorization Document and can be used only for employment, as far as I know. I will check with my lawyer too.
or is it better to fall back on EAD and continue with education? Please advice!
Optimist578 - can you please let us know what you find out from your attorney?
thanks a lotsxk
I am also searching for directions to the university. But I don't think EAD would allow you to move to full-time student status. EAD is Employment Authorization Document and can be used only for employment, as far as I know. I will check with my lawyer too.
harish
08-16 09:50 AM
Please update on who received their FP notices:
Application was mailed on 06/25/07 to NSC, but my case got transfered to TSC. My receipt number begins with SRC....
485 RD: 06/26/2007
485 ND: 08/06/2007
FP ND: Waiting..........
FP Date: Waiting.........
Application was mailed on 06/25/07 to NSC, but my case got transfered to TSC. My receipt number begins with SRC....
485 RD: 06/26/2007
485 ND: 08/06/2007
FP ND: Waiting..........
FP Date: Waiting.........
more...
GEEVER
January 30th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Hello,
What type of camera are you looking for?
Point-and-shoot or a dSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex).
The Sony Cybershoot is just your average P&S camera, small, light and compact.
A dSLR for example, like the Nikon D40 or the Canon EOS 350D are dSLR type and are much bigger in size but deliver alot higher quality images.
Nikon D40 http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d40/images/d40-right-950.jpg
Canon EOS 350D http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Canon350D/images/Canon350D_main.jpg
What is your price budget too?
here is the link for the cyber-shot y was looking for http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=20005011
i know sony also have dslr cameras, but this cyber-shot is pretty much like a dslr and it's affordable. $600 budget
What type of camera are you looking for?
Point-and-shoot or a dSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex).
The Sony Cybershoot is just your average P&S camera, small, light and compact.
A dSLR for example, like the Nikon D40 or the Canon EOS 350D are dSLR type and are much bigger in size but deliver alot higher quality images.
Nikon D40 http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d40/images/d40-right-950.jpg
Canon EOS 350D http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Canon350D/images/Canon350D_main.jpg
What is your price budget too?
here is the link for the cyber-shot y was looking for http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=20005011
i know sony also have dslr cameras, but this cyber-shot is pretty much like a dslr and it's affordable. $600 budget
2010 delonte west lebron james mom
ramesh10
06-15 07:20 PM
Franklin,
I had OPT in 2003 , so should i be using that A# and should i mention YES for question, have you ever applied for employment authorization with USCIS
in G325A,
should i need to mention my part time jobs i worked while on F1 visa (i did not mention anything during 140)
I had OPT in 2003 , so should i be using that A# and should i mention YES for question, have you ever applied for employment authorization with USCIS
in G325A,
should i need to mention my part time jobs i worked while on F1 visa (i did not mention anything during 140)
more...
friend99
10-09 04:17 PM
Hi,
I called up and spoke to the IO and asked him about the rejection of I-485 due to old fees and he defended that the application would be rejected without the new fee, I tried to explain him about the July bulletin 107 and that people who were on employment based category and whose dates were current should have used only the OLD FEES till August 17th, he did not agree about it and I did not force the issue!
If the IO officers don't agree about the right facts how would the people who just check the fee! I am sure that is why my application was rejected!
I am not sure what to do! Can somebody suggest anything!
How to let those people know that when we applied in August there was a bulletin which said that we can apply with old fee!
I called up and spoke to the IO and asked him about the rejection of I-485 due to old fees and he defended that the application would be rejected without the new fee, I tried to explain him about the July bulletin 107 and that people who were on employment based category and whose dates were current should have used only the OLD FEES till August 17th, he did not agree about it and I did not force the issue!
If the IO officers don't agree about the right facts how would the people who just check the fee! I am sure that is why my application was rejected!
I am not sure what to do! Can somebody suggest anything!
How to let those people know that when we applied in August there was a bulletin which said that we can apply with old fee!
hair LeBron James#39;s Mom Arrested
casinoroyale
08-20 10:28 PM
Friends, anyone going to Canada in September?
more...
zvezdast
07-02 05:50 PM
There is hope....
hot lebron james mother delonte
dealsnet
11-05 10:49 AM
Your I-485 filing without the dependants is unfortunate. This senario, you need to be in H1 all the time till your PD is current and they are eligible to apply for I-485. Means you can't work on EAD, it will cancel your H1. Always on H1, otherwisw dependents will be out of status. (BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT IN AOS- your case)
Situation - During the month of July, I filed my 485 when all categories were current. Got my receipt too. Missed wife's application because her papers were not ready. Now priority dates have retrogressed again.
Saving grace - Our H1/H4 are in order with many long years left on them.
Question - Can I file my wife 485 now as a dependent, even though "my" PD is not current yet. The core point is that, does the concept of PD applies to the dependent 485 applications too?
Situation - During the month of July, I filed my 485 when all categories were current. Got my receipt too. Missed wife's application because her papers were not ready. Now priority dates have retrogressed again.
Saving grace - Our H1/H4 are in order with many long years left on them.
Question - Can I file my wife 485 now as a dependent, even though "my" PD is not current yet. The core point is that, does the concept of PD applies to the dependent 485 applications too?
more...
house lebron james mother delonte
harshailan
07-31 05:05 PM
If your H1 visa is rejected in canada, they will cancel the existing visa saying you are not eligible. You cannot come back to US again. You need to go to Chennai again for stamping.
Last month i went to mexico for my stamping and didnot have any issues. I was only asked to show I 797 document and my passport. You will not have any problems if you have a approved I797 with future validity (like valid till Sep 30, 2010).
Hope this helps.
Why don't you travel to mexico. its simple and cheap than canada (if flying to canada)
Last month i went to mexico for my stamping and didnot have any issues. I was only asked to show I 797 document and my passport. You will not have any problems if you have a approved I797 with future validity (like valid till Sep 30, 2010).
Hope this helps.
Why don't you travel to mexico. its simple and cheap than canada (if flying to canada)
tattoo LeBron James Mom Gloria James

ivar
11-05 10:01 AM
Case resolved!!
All is well that ends well. Well my case got reopened, new RFE sent, and case is approved once the RFE resposne is submitted.
Reason given for the denial of the case is abadonded RFE, even though no RFE was sent in the first place.
Good to hear that you got your approval. Very few people come back and give update about their case. Thanks for updating IV about the final result.
All is well that ends well. Well my case got reopened, new RFE sent, and case is approved once the RFE resposne is submitted.
Reason given for the denial of the case is abadonded RFE, even though no RFE was sent in the first place.
Good to hear that you got your approval. Very few people come back and give update about their case. Thanks for updating IV about the final result.
more...
pictures hot Delonte West and Lebron
lost
01-27 02:07 PM
We need to have a massive participation for our question to get noticed........and today is already Thrusday!
dresses Lebron James mother Gloria was
digitalborealis
01-10 02:14 AM
Hello All
Similar experience at Mumbai Consulate. Being a full time employee, and after showing all paystubs, employment letter , VO was not satisfied. 1/2 of the time , he was under impression that I was still working for a company, whose visa was stamped in 2008. :)
Another reason of frustration is they did not check all the documents I sent , which were mentioned in the green slip. Inspite of sending Research Document, I had got the reply saying that I did not send the Past, Current and Future Research Statement. So I resubmitted all the documents again on Dec 23rd,2010 . also added I am not working on any research topic presently or in near future . After that I did not hear back from consulate. So that means my case has been under processing?
Did anyone get the receipt of documents submission in response to Green Slip?
Please let me know
Thanks and Good LUCK
D
Similar experience at Mumbai Consulate. Being a full time employee, and after showing all paystubs, employment letter , VO was not satisfied. 1/2 of the time , he was under impression that I was still working for a company, whose visa was stamped in 2008. :)
Another reason of frustration is they did not check all the documents I sent , which were mentioned in the green slip. Inspite of sending Research Document, I had got the reply saying that I did not send the Past, Current and Future Research Statement. So I resubmitted all the documents again on Dec 23rd,2010 . also added I am not working on any research topic presently or in near future . After that I did not hear back from consulate. So that means my case has been under processing?
Did anyone get the receipt of documents submission in response to Green Slip?
Please let me know
Thanks and Good LUCK
D
more...
makeup sprinkles clipart, Delonte
aj2000
02-23 01:38 PM
shut up idiot. Do you know how many 485s have been rejected for using AC21? Some people have advised me to stay where I am as long as it takes, but my gut tells me to find another job. So I am just asking for risk and opinions.
Nice way to talk on forum , my fellow.. btw., I wanna know "how many 485s have been rejected for using AC21?".. really.. an exact number would be very helpful for people like me who are in same situation as you.
Nice way to talk on forum , my fellow.. btw., I wanna know "how many 485s have been rejected for using AC21?".. really.. an exact number would be very helpful for people like me who are in same situation as you.
girlfriend delonte west lebron james mom
Macaca
01-12 05:37 PM
I will be happy with the following requirement (that is lower then the carpet).
Don't have to mantain status. That is, absence of pay checks is not required.
Don't have to mantain status. That is, absence of pay checks is not required.
hairstyles james west delonte west lebron

siravi
11-23 10:22 AM
nihar,
a couple of members tried help you with this query you posted in another thread earlier... (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15594)
1) please write clearly. The SMS format (?) is not helping much :(
2) you need to provide some more/basic information as was also requested earlier (above thread, post # 28)
3) as suggested above, really, your best bet would be to talk to an international student advisor at your university/college, since you have been on F1.
a couple of members tried help you with this query you posted in another thread earlier... (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15594)
1) please write clearly. The SMS format (?) is not helping much :(
2) you need to provide some more/basic information as was also requested earlier (above thread, post # 28)
3) as suggested above, really, your best bet would be to talk to an international student advisor at your university/college, since you have been on F1.
jayleno
08-05 09:24 AM
Hmm....and you think the world is Crazy? Interesting stuff ..bud.
I've applied for EAD/AP renewal for both myself and my wife. I spent $1,290 for this.
Say I got my GC approved and then I call USCIS and withdraw my pending EAD/AP application. Will I get a refund for pending EAD/AP application, if I get my GC approved before EAD/AP approval?
Thanks,
India EB2; PD - Nov 05
I-140 - Filed Mar '06; Approved Jun '06
I-485 - Reached NSC July 26'07;
I've applied for EAD/AP renewal for both myself and my wife. I spent $1,290 for this.
Say I got my GC approved and then I call USCIS and withdraw my pending EAD/AP application. Will I get a refund for pending EAD/AP application, if I get my GC approved before EAD/AP approval?
Thanks,
India EB2; PD - Nov 05
I-140 - Filed Mar '06; Approved Jun '06
I-485 - Reached NSC July 26'07;
zCool
04-01 06:02 PM
I am waiting for 13 yrs! So frustration should not be excuse for law-breaking..
Every criminal has some sob story in the back-end that can be used to justify murder, robbery etc etc..
Anyways..
You want help.. here goes..
THERE IS NO LABOR SUBSTITUTION as of June 16 2007.
If your old sub labor was used by someone else.. AND his GC is not approved yet THEN your company can revoke that 140 and get your 140 approved that way. IF on the other hand that original beneficiary got 485 filed and AC21 invoked then you are plain out of luck.
I don't know what the heck this company B is talking abt, sending other labor etc.. I think they are pulling some stunt.. and basically lying!
If you have an option.. change and work for a good employer.. GC and all will happen in due time..
Every criminal has some sob story in the back-end that can be used to justify murder, robbery etc etc..
Anyways..
You want help.. here goes..
THERE IS NO LABOR SUBSTITUTION as of June 16 2007.
If your old sub labor was used by someone else.. AND his GC is not approved yet THEN your company can revoke that 140 and get your 140 approved that way. IF on the other hand that original beneficiary got 485 filed and AC21 invoked then you are plain out of luck.
I don't know what the heck this company B is talking abt, sending other labor etc.. I think they are pulling some stunt.. and basically lying!
If you have an option.. change and work for a good employer.. GC and all will happen in due time..
No comments:
Post a Comment