Monday, June 6, 2011

Luau Inspiration~

I got an email from one of my readers the other day asking if I had any ideas for a Luau.  And the answer is "no, not really".  But wait!  Don't get me wrong, I love me a good luau.  But I haven't exactly thrown a luau-type party  myself.  Since I'm not one to miss out on a little good party inspiration, however, I did a little research, and I found some fun luau ideas.  So Kathy, this one's for you...

This is such a great idea for a simple and lovely centerpiece. And nothing says "Hawaii" like a pineapple!
 via pinterest

I thought these cookie palm trees were so clever!!
 via pinterest

This table setting is just lovely.  The color scheme is tropical without being tacky and the paper lanterns are a pretty touch.
 via pinterest

You'll sense a theme going in these photos...I really love the use of parasols for a luau...be they miniature, or full size like this pretty pink number.  (I'm also lovin' that ukulele.)

This wreath is so fun and whimsical, you can help but smile!


Or add a pretty, pastel parasol to a cupcake.  Love.

This jellyfish is made from grocery bags (yes, really!)  I featured it one week for my Frugal Round-up because I thought it was simply adorable!  Don't you think it would be a fun addition to a luau?  Sure would keep the kids entertained anyway.

via Casa Haus 



Doesn't it make you wanna just go throw yourself a smashin' luau?!  I'll be anxiously waiting by the  mailbox for my invite. ;-)

Have a great day~



No comments:

Post a Comment