Wednesday, June 15, 2011

a journey of life

images Life is a Journey a journey of life. journey of life. for the
  • journey of life. for the



  • cooler
    12-16 10:01 AM
    This must be a "NJ" thing. I had mine renewed a few months back and all I showed was the 2 year EAD. No questions were asked.

    I would suggest taking the I-485 receipt and the printout of the case from USCIS website showing the application as pending. If need be, talk to the supervisor to get this sorted out.





    wallpaper journey of life. for the a journey of life. Reminiscences of a journey
  • Reminiscences of a journey



  • morchu
    04-23 01:06 PM
    I know it is a loss in priority date. But my point is: "does fighting with the lawyer, give him his time back?" In fact by that he is loosing his valuable time and energy further.

    If there is "ANY" method to get his "LC" approved with the same priority date, I totally agree he should do that.

    That is what I mean by "focus on your goal". If your goal is to fight with lawyer for a cause, just do it. You will at least feel happy that you did the right thing, whatever you felt right.

    Also "you pay the lawyer to represent you and to do things for you". The "payment" is not for a 100% error-free service. It is always back on your shoulder to make sure the lawyer is doing the right thing. Many of you may not agree, but that is my view. It is just a service. Not an "error-free-guaranteed" service.

    morchu, people like you who put their tail between their legs are the reason some are stuck in retrogression and exploited by our employers and have to face some unprofessional and bad lawyers.

    yes you can file a complaint against the lawyer and his license will be revoked. See

    http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/index.php/HOW_TO_REPORT_A_BAD_IMMIGRATION_LAWYER

    Just because your labor is cleared you have no feelings for the person on this thread who had to wait for 2 years. Can anyone give him back his lost time?





    a journey of life. Hazard - The Journey Of Life
  • Hazard - The Journey Of Life



  • grupak
    03-01 10:20 AM
    Time to send in the monthly contributions.

    I just mailed mine online.





    2011 Reminiscences of a journey a journey of life. Life is a Journey
  • Life is a Journey



  • kpkrind
    05-05 11:04 AM
    My spouse was on h1 earlier, she is now on h4, however her h1 petion is expiring in Oct'09. Lets suppose she gets a job offer in Feb'10, does she have to apply for a fresh H1 or can she convert to H1 on which she was working earlier? My question is how long will she not be counted against the quota?

    Also, can any new employer file for her H1 or does it have to be a employer who has held her H1 previously?



    more...


    a journey of life. handwritten, journey, life
  • handwritten, journey, life



  • mjdup
    05-31 09:50 AM
    Just contributed...

    The math does look good pthoko but do you think all 13K will step up especially the ones whos PD has become current !

    I'd be glad if atleast 1K contribute. Can you imaging the power IV core will get with 1.3 mil, I can only say WOW !





    a journey of life. The Journey of Life
  • The Journey of Life



  • jnraajan
    09-23 05:22 PM
    I dont think EB3 is current for Nov 2004. Infact, it is unavailable for all countries of charge until Oct First. If you are Phillipines or rest of the world, you still need to wait until OCt First to file
    Dear Guru's

    I got rejection notice from TSC for a valid I-485 application stating that "A Visa number is not available at the present time".

    However, I have two I-140 approved one in EB3 with 10-Nov-2004 as PD and another I-140 in EB2 category with 10-Aug-2007 as PD.

    It is evident that Based on 10-Nov-2004 my PD is current and my application highlighted the same in bright cover sheet and my application still got rejected.

    based on notice we filed the same application back and this time CC'd to ombudsman emphasizing the same fact for PD.

    Its been a week we respond to rejection notice and haven't got either acceptance or rejection letter. and haven't heard back from ombudsman.

    I am optimistic and would wait to get the response but I am worried since only 5 business days left before the dates get retrogressed.

    I would like to know what actions do I need to take "while the date is current"; so that I can pursue my case further after 9/30/2008.

    Is there anyway I can talk to ombudsman office and get personal attention to my case.

    Guru's please help me out with your experience and ideas.



    more...


    a journey of life. Life is a Journey
  • Life is a Journey



  • eb3retro
    10-24 03:47 PM
    Once H-1B extension is received, one gets all the luxuries like any other H-1B. You can change jobs any day you want. Having that said, there are few things you have to re-do. Get the H-1B stamped if you change jobs. You have to re-start the GC process from scratch, yet you get to keep the PD and at the same time can switch to any EB catagory.

    Before LC PERM process started, people didn't change jobs as LC could take any where from 2 to 4 years and re-starting the GC process was just no brainer. Now, as it takes 45days or less (theoraticaly) people easily change jobs and get H-1 transferred as well as get new GC process started and get LC in 45 days and then I-140 approved (with premium processing) in another 2 weeks.

    So you once you change jobs you can get to the same stage where you are in two months if you start GC process right-away.

    For tips to the other readers.

    Some employers has company policy where they support the H-1 transfer (financially also) and then one has to wait for 1 or 2 years before they initiate GC process. The mostly the excuse is "Budget is fixed for a year".
    One can propose a solution to this. Ask them, "What if I pay for the charges incurred for GC process if they agree to initiate right away and when s/he finishes one year of employment, reimburse the charges"

    This has worked in many cases as doing such bothe employer and employee gets best of both worlds.


    Great advice, I sincerely thank you for your time.





    2010 Hazard - The Journey Of Life a journey of life. Life is a Journey
  • Life is a Journey



  • sunilsj
    01-21 10:43 AM
    I wouldn't make the assumption that this is only happening to consulting cases. I know example where a full-time non-consulting candidate has been held up. Be careful.



    more...


    a journey of life. your journey through life.
  • your journey through life.



  • desi3933
    07-31 04:11 PM
    ....
    ....

    Do I qualify for EB2?? Plz let me know.

    RFE details:
    1) Degree evaluation(what's the procedure?)
    &
    2) They want most recent W2 for 2007.

    In 2007(W2) I got paid $59K(gross) & in LCA(H1B) prevailing wage mentioned is $55k.

    ......
    ......

    Thanks.

    1. Submit degree evaluation again, if not submitted with I-140 application. BS+MCA qualifies for eb2, but it also depends on the wording in labor job requirement.

    2. The job offer letter should mention 65k salary. Current salary 55k is ok, but it puts a very good question - if employer wants to pay you 65k after GC why are they paying 55k now? Before you say it, I know that GC is for a future job but getting less salary before gc approval makes employer less credible.

    The question is - why 55k now and 65k when I-485 is approved? Are these 2 jobs different? If so, how and justify. The answer is not that simple.

    Good Luck.


    ________________________
    Not a legal advice.
    US Permanent Resident since 2002





    hair Life is a Journey a journey of life. A Journey not a Destination
  • A Journey not a Destination



  • trueguy
    08-09 01:08 PM
    Only 45 votes so far. EB3-I people dont have 5 seconds to vote even, how can we expect any help from Govt.



    more...


    a journey of life. LIFE IS A JOURNEY, NOT A
  • LIFE IS A JOURNEY, NOT A



  • greenleaf81
    11-06 11:16 PM
    You need to send in the I-907, please read section "Premium Processing Service for Form I-129 -Upgrades for Pending Cases" on Page 2 of Download Instructions PDF USCIS - Request for Premium Processing Service (http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=79ef78264614d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCR D&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1 RCRD)

    Thanks a lot WandMaker, really appreciate you giving me the link. Definitely looks like we can convert a case to Premium processing even after a RFE.





    hot handwritten, journey, life a journey of life. The Journey Called Life
  • The Journey Called Life



  • ArkBird
    06-08 12:13 AM
    Isn't it a sad irony that we are now celebrating the demise of the much anticipated CIR...which was supposed to have solved all our issues...

    Any idea what's in store for the future...



    May be a "personal edition" of CIR with Skill Immigration provision.. They (read big boys) need H1B desperately so they might put lipstick on pig by addiing SKILL provisions....


    Who knows.. US politics is beyond any logic..



    more...


    house Life Is A Journey by Lenora a journey of life. LIFE IS A JOURNEY, NOT A
  • LIFE IS A JOURNEY, NOT A



  • somegchuh
    10-26 01:11 PM
    I hope they mail it back because that's something I definitely need. I didn't know they will look at my I797. I wish I had known this before my wife went for visa stamping. There's alway a new kink, isn't it :-)

    My wife had her visa stamped in Bombay consulate - and during the interview they asked to see the I797 - but i had instructed her to ask for it back and she specifically asked the officer if she could have it back because I needed it - and he promptly gave it.
    maybe Delhi Consulate works differently. Hopefully they will mail you back the 797 notice with the passport.





    tattoo The Journey of Life a journey of life. Wars of In-Laws II / A Journey
  • Wars of In-Laws II / A Journey



  • pappu
    08-16 12:42 PM
    Fact sheet for download

    http://immigrationvoice.org/media/forums/iv/WashingtonDC_IV_Rally_w_FactSheet.doc



    more...


    pictures Life is a Journey a journey of life. page 4 of 5 quot;My Journey in
  • page 4 of 5 quot;My Journey in



  • vamsi_poondla
    09-05 09:36 PM
    we should all attend. Failure is not an option...there is no better time than Sept 18th





    dresses The Journey Called Life a journey of life. Journey of Life CZ Pendant
  • Journey of Life CZ Pendant



  • senthil
    02-06 05:20 PM
    all your points look ok to me. although it may differ for different prople.

    in my case - i have an EAD. but cant use it. i had to stay on H1B to make my spouse's stay valid which is H4. i see the following as a comparision. guys pl feel free to throw ur inputs.

    EAD
    - ability to switch jobs as nessary - you decide
    - AP to easy your life when you want to fly out and come back
    ( no hassle stamping tention etc, but comes with yearly price )
    - of couse the important thing is your spouse can work
    - need to stick with same designation

    H1B:
    - no hassles if you are within 6 year period. everything starts when its about to expire and you jump into GC train
    [ you have to jump if you decide to stay more than 6 years. no option here, i guess ]

    - same as EAD jumping jobs is easy, also can climb up the ladder
    - if above 6 year limit and I-140 not approved, you get only yearly exentions

    thanks.



    more...


    makeup your journey through life. a journey of life. Life Is A Journey by Lenora
  • Life Is A Journey by Lenora



  • dealsnet
    01-13 10:06 AM
    Are you jocking Chandrakanth ? ;);););):eek::eek::cool::cool:


    I think Lawyers have a system where they can send emails to the service centers in a particular format, the receiving software at USCIS automatically parses the email and assigns the case to officers.

    Or, if it has been a long time since it is current try contacting the Ombudsman.





    girlfriend Wars of In-Laws II / A Journey a journey of life. Life is a Journey by Caroline
  • Life is a Journey by Caroline



  • gc_maine2
    07-12 01:45 PM
    Misha,

    There is already a thread for this topic, please don't open new threads it hard to follow all these new threads. If you don't find it PM i will send it to you.

    Thanks


    Question for July I-485 filers.
    Did anybody receive I-485 July Rejection Notice by mail?





    hairstyles LIFE IS A JOURNEY, NOT A a journey of life. Life Is A Journey by RobynLee
  • Life Is A Journey by RobynLee



  • diptam
    02-18 05:38 PM
    I've given you the details as a personal message (PM) in IV. check that and reply me there or to my email address. I will do the best that i can legally.

    Thanks,
    Diptam

    Thanks Pritam , can u give me u r email id so that i can share resume





    arc
    03-11 03:03 PM
    Mr "A" Check with a good tax consultant about implications of being paid in check, on EAD you can do multiple jobs and businesses, as long as you report your earnings and pay tax you should be fine. I am not an expert, check with a tax consultant and an attorney!


    Person "A" on H1B with 4 yrs of experience, Green Card filed, EAD received (both husband and wife), I-140 pending, Wife Dependant (has her own H1B), Wife opens a training institute.

    1. Can "A" work for his wife and also get paid in check?
    2. Can "A" have a second job in his wife's company and retain his original job?
    3. Can "A" have a different occupation anywhere else on EAD not related to his original job role? and then can "A" get paid in check?
    4. Can "A" work for his wife's company and instead wife gets the check or paid? Is that legal?
    5. Can "A"'s wife open a company on EAD and also keep working on her H1B?
    6. Can "A" and his wife after EAD work for 2 different jobs if the job description/roles are different?
    7. Can "A" work as volunteer in his wife's company?
    8. Can a software analyst working with a software company work as a trainer in a training institute on EAD with I-140 either pending or approved?





    belmontboy
    10-27 05:01 PM
    Guys, things may not be great, but you know what - "what does not kill me only makes me stronger" - Friedrich Nietzsche

    Hope this diwali bring great things for us.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment